Post Your Daily Sandwich

On snap, I can’t believe I haven’t posted about this. I’ve been addicted to the Cut Above Cubano ever since you recommended it a while back. The roasted pork and Nueske ham are so smokey and delicious. Thanks Bob!

2 Likes

Sure.
That sandwich is a dream.
Thanks for the MUCH better pic.
I have no idea why I have trouble with the orientation uploading. Looks fine on the iphone.

These sandwiches from Proof are indeed tasty but 1 is just not enough.

3 Likes

I had the #54 at Langers the other day. Shocked at how good it was. I am not really a corned beef fan, but Langers makes it great. Not sure what took me so long to order this here.

We need a top whatever list of the sandwiches at Langers at this point.

4 Likes

Tuna melt at Langer’s

Hi @A5KOBE,

So glad you liked it. I agree, it was surprising how good the Corned Beef was.:slight_smile: We tried out a bunch of Sandwiches and I posted it in the Langer’s thread (includes Beef Tongue (great), Egg Salad with Liver (surprisingly good) and more). Hope it helps. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @Chowseeker1999. I’ll try the tongue someday, so many great sandwiches they offer.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll make a mental note.

Tuna Melt: Semi-homemade

From Yummy Market on San Vicente - Tuna Salad on Country White with lotsa’ American Cheese (deli-style), generous black pepper, hold the extra sprinkle of salt. At home it gets buttered and fried low and slow in the cast iron, then add the tomato and… :yum:

9 Likes

Going to get some sandwiches for the Bowl this Saturday (The Empire Strikes Back!).

What is the sandwich to get at Larchmont Village Wine and Cheese?

2 Likes

I like their prosciutto sandwich

Conquistador special if available, no balsamic. Actually, any sandwich that has balsamic, I would omit.

1 Like

no pic, but i very contentedlly ate a $3 banh mi from lee’s while waiting for my flight at LAX. (i put the banh mi in my carryon.)

1 Like

The Menudo Dip from Tolosa.

Have extra napkins handy. Maybe even a bib. Or two.

The magnificent sandwiches from Proof - the culinary equivalent of skinny jeans.

11 Likes

the underrated chicken hoagie from lee’s hoagie house in pasadena.

the other reason to go - the homemage pickles (which includes 3 types of peppers, two type of pickled carrot, spiced jicama, radishes, cabbage, etc.)

6 Likes

Dry aged meatball sandwich from Gwen. Was too hungry ate the other half before taking a photo.

9 Likes

Damn that looks good. What type of bread?

It was their “ciabatta” bread but it seemed to me more like a very crunchy outside and chewy inside baguette

1 Like

That’s what I got, too, last time I was there. Bummed they aren’t using the seeded semolina bread like they used to. The baguette is fine but the semolina was next-level good imo.

1 Like