Post Your Daily Sandwich

there is

I love the idea of biscuits in theory but have found theyā€™re a poor vehicle for sandwiches in practice because theyā€™re smaller and have a tendency to crumble.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never been en eggslut fan largely b/c of the brioche, but recently have enjoyed their egg and burger combo. Combo of runny egg and greasy burger makes good use of that cardboard-stiff brioche. Patty is pretty good quality.

Only like $2 more than an egg sandwich so ameliorates eggslutā€™s generally shitty qpr.

1 Like

Ah ok, Iā€™ll have to revisit. I see they offer a biscuit as a side, but the menu doesnā€™t really convey that you have a choice for the sandwich.

You have to go early as they sell out, like breakfast time or earlier. It is really good though. I usually add turkey sausage.

2 Likes

I try to be nice and understanding when it comes to restaurants but that bread is everything I hate about bread. Youā€™re not the only one.

1 Like

itā€™s been a while, but leeā€™s sandwiches now feature a $2.99 banh mi of the day.

2 Likes

Did you try the matzo ball soup? Iā€™m always in search of a good matzo ball soup. Wexlerā€™s is currently my favorite.

We did. It was good, but I think Iā€™ve spoiled myself after regularly having chicken essence. Nothing really quite compares to chicken essence, and I donā€™t really care how good your chicken soup, stock, broth, etc is. Freedmanā€™s included.

For what itā€™s worth, matzo aside, the best chicken soup in my opinion is from DTF. But it still pales in comparison to chicken essence.

Long live the essence.

ā€œVive lā€™essence!ā€ -Esso

1 Like

Oui, cā€™est lā€™essence!

Molinari special with roast peppers. S.F.

6 Likes

I want to do a Molinariā€™s Special bang bang with Marioā€™s Bohemian Meatball

4 Likes

Nice plan, they are within a 5 minute walk apart.

1 Like

Especially since Marioā€™s uses Liguria focaccia for their sandwich.

3 open faced Mexican Korean sandwiches

5 Likes

Did anyone know that Mendocino Farms (at least the SaMo location) was selling Cassia lemongrass chicken sandwiches until last Sunday???

2 Likes

Yes. I saw it on the foodgps instagram, but didnā€™t get a chance to try it.

Wat??? I love how Mendo Farms emails me info about openings in places I donā€™t even live but fails to inform me about something like this at a location right nearby.

1 Like

That was my reaction, too. I tried to order it, and the cashier very sweetly said, ā€œOh, so sorry, but it ended yesterday! Weā€™ve been so busy that we havenā€™t yet had a chance to take it down.ā€ ARGH!!! Iā€™m sure it was delicious, tooā€¦

1 Like