Post Your Daily Sandwich

Interesting… I always pooh pooh New York Bagel & Deli based on a couple of visits years ago. But I have to admit, I enjoyed my bagel at Wexler’s a while back. Might have to give NYB&D another try.

Hi @aaqjr - Haven’t tried Top Round breakfast yet. I must remember. Yeah, my husband is usually a beef lover. But he gets that chix sandwich the most. I love avocado, but actually like the simplicity of the regular chix w/provel & pickles more than the cali.

Yeah that would be a turn off. I failed to ask if there was an additional charge.

I wish I lived or worked closer to Top Round because I really want to try those scratch made tots! Why they only offer at breakfast is beyond me.

1 Like

Muffuletta sandwich from Little Jewel of New Orleans:

It looks sorta lonely. I like LJ’s muffuletta but find it too salty, and I’m a guy who’s frequently accused of over-salting food.

Only went once, but it was quite recently. Partner and I ordered 13 bagels (we only made our way through half of them b/f they went bad). Even un-toasted, the bagels were great (IMHO). Toasted, they were fantastic.

I’d give them another try.

1 Like

Hehe. It had a mate, but I ate it before remembering to take a picture. This was actually the first time I’ve tried Little Jewel’s muffaletta, and I really enjoyed it, especially the bread. Didn’t notice its being overly salty. Guess I’ll have to make another trip to double check!

Night + Market
12 dollar fried chicken sandwich
They could double the price (to lobster roll levels) and you’ld still feel like you ripped them off. It’s massive. It’s perfectly fried - crispy as fuck and tastier than my first kiss. I’m in love. Thumb included to give some sense of proportion [but looking at it now, because the thumb is a bit too foreground, it - the sandwich, not my thumb, thank you - looks dinkier than it truly is].
I think it used to be Silver Lake only, but now on sunset every night too.
Rest of food rocked too.

10 Likes

Soft shell crab sandwich at Santa Monica Seafood

10 Likes

cemita with (i think) queso de puerco from the tacos y cemitas el monchis truck in east la on atlantic about a block north of whittier blvd.

1 Like

Sack (formerly ink.sack) on Melrose. They were all good. But the star was the Spanish Godfather - ham, chorizo, manchego, olives, mayo, peppers, lettuce, tomato, sherry vinaigrette.

8 Likes

Ham and cheese, no mayo, from Sorrentos.

5 Likes

Had the same sandwich on Thursday. Good straight up sub, generous size and the bread was fresh.

Love that Spanish Godfather (fka The Jose Andres). The others… not so much.

Actually @Bigmouth we were just discussing this. You’re right. The other ones were basic sandwiches. The Vegetable Salad Sandwich was a bit of a fail. I had them add tofu, and it tasted like it was marinated in fish sauce, very strange. But guests were fighting over the Spanish Godfather, recommended by @wienermobile & @attran99. We’ll definitely order from Sack again. Just switch it up.

Jose Andres… that’s a good one. Voltaggio must have worked for him at one time.

2 Likes

I enjoy the Reuben quite a bit. A usual pre-flight snack for me.

1 Like

Okay cool. I didn’t order any of the beef offerings. I will next time.

@TheCookie He indeed did work for Jose Andres. He helped open the The Bazaar. I went while he was still there and dinner was fantastic.

2 Likes

Sack - Oh yeah. The rolls were very good for sandwiches. Sturdy, with enough nooks & crannies to hold toppings & dressings, without being too chewy or damaging the roof of your mouth.