Random thoughts

That’s fair! I guess I never send dishes back and can’t imagine doing so for anything that wasn’t a truly extreme case, so maybe I’m not a good test for this. I don’t think I would adjust my tip by any noticeable margin based on these circumstances, but in reading yours and other posts I do understand why someone might.

1 Like

Are there high-end Cantonese restaurants with good service?

0 Likes

I haven’t been to many high end ones in the US but i got better service at China Tang at MGM with my brief visit there for dessert.

0 Likes

I think that would be a good thread.

0 Likes

Hotel restaurants might be an exception to the rule since there’s an additional layer of management.

The highest-end Cantonese place I’ve been to was the Crystal Jade branch in SF, on which they spent $14 million, but service was about like you’d get in a suburban strip mall.

0 Likes

I never knew peeps grew in trees

1 Like

Are baby hummingbirds a good sub for ortolan? Asking for a friend.

0 Likes

Only one way to find out.

0 Likes

No. You want mature hummingbirds.

0 Likes

Is it just me, or does the Board seem less active than usual? :frowning:

4 Likes

I’ve been noticing this, too.

1 Like

Yes posting traffic has been downhill for a while

1 Like

Blame it on the man who refuses to ever lose an argument, even if it means arguing with himself.

4 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

Sorry @paranoidgarliclover for my absence. I’m making my way through an SF trip so been posting there recently. I’ll be back soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chart of weekly post counts for the past year:

0 Likes

Daily engaged users:

0 Likes

So much engagement, I can’t stop refreshing.

0 Likes

Robert, if you’ll share… what is the left (vertical) axis a multiple of (10, 100)?

0 Likes

1 Like