Random Thoughts & Questions

you like lamb? was lucky enough to live around the area for a few years as a kid… and that lamb butt is unreal… wish i could have the real thing again.

uzbek plov with the sheep with the bubble butt (kurdyuk) is what i was used to having, here its’ just done with potato instead

minor graphic content (animal butchering)

Has anyone tried this? Looks fantastic.

2 Likes

Can someone please try the spam & egg burrito that’s currently on Guerrilla Tacos’ menu and post about it so I can live vicariously through you, since I can’t make it out there this week? :laughing:

3 Likes

I think The Onion is making fun of me.

4 Likes

Washington report? Maybe on Washington strawbs?

Nope. All strawberries, per the USDA. It’s official. We will be disappointed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well there goes my summer. I’ll pass this on to Harry’s.

“USDA says your berries are gonna suck, so don’t even show your face around here.” :wink:

3 Likes

From a Yelp review of APL restaurant…

A few months ago, Arsene Wenger said “Bye Bye” after over 2 decades as the head coach of Arsenal FC. It broke my heart to hear is final speech. All I knew growing up was Mr. Wenger, so to hear him leave was devastating - it was as if a part of me died.

And yet, I would much rather listen to Wenger say he’s retiring - to live that painful moment again and again every single day for the rest of my life - than to ever come back to this sorry excuse for a restaurant.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/apl-restaurant-los-angeles

7 Likes

no way!. that’s a riot

oh wait… I actually know Varant… he’s a homie

1 Like

Too bad I can’t eat service.

:joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

anyone know where Jonathan Gold has been? It’s been almost a month since his last review, of Bavel, and though he has a couple of short pieces in the LA times dated after that, he hasn’t posted on instagram or twitter since early June. I seem to remember that even when he was traveling, he’d post something, even if it was snarky. Hope he’s ok…

1 Like

Probably waiting for us on this board to discover the next “it” place for him…

4 Likes

I understand he’s taking part in a move to El Segundo :wink: Moving is an exhausting and time consuming experience.

2 Likes

I have the best weather app.

8 Likes

When we lived in snow country, we continued to use our grill. I’ve never understand their being a particular “season.”

Me too. You’re the coolest chick. Thanks.

5 Likes

I like the way it tells us what’s on the menu for the day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had my first Guad’s burrito last night. Tried the supreme al pastor (meat, Mexican rice, black beans, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and pico de gallo). A greasy gut bomb, but quite satisfying (probably because of that :joy:). Complimentary chips and salsa bar, with a nice selection of flavorful salsas that varied in heat. Tamarindo to drink. Friendly service and well air conditioned dining area.

2 Likes

Ah, now we know :frowning:

Today I learned that a Paloma is made with tequila.

3 Likes