Republique

Oh really? Because that’s exactly what I would have liked, lol - more filling, whipped cream and the crust a little flakier. But hubby says it was the last piece (I wanted a whole pie :relaxed:) and it was probably in better form earlier in the day. It was a very good crust, but the perfection was the passion fruit filling! :kissing_closed_eyes: I could smell the fragrance the moment the box opened and the consistency was dreamy.

1 Like

I went right at the opening a couple weekends ago. I needed five slices - might as well get the whole pie, right? Anyway, it was in a deep dish pie pan. They were able to successfully lift the whole pie out intact. It was quite hefty.

1 Like

Maybe Sergio made my pie?

2 Likes

Interesting, mine was baked and came in a Pyrex glass pie dish. It also had a good amount of raspberries inside along with what I found to be a 2:1 ratio passion fruit to whipped cream.

I used that buttery crust to scoop up any custard and whipped cream remnants.

Now be on the look out for the key lime pie. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I guess I got a mutant pie? It was a lotta pie.

When life hands you mutants, you make mutant pie.

3 Likes

Dr. Sergio Who?

Okay, looking forward to it. It will be hard to beat this

Fishing With Dynamite

7 Likes

…also going on the list.

I like how you have your own personal republique shopper. How do i get one?

3 Likes

It is two slice good.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Sorry, they broke the mold. Isn’t it awesome. He works remotely from home and likes going on errands and coffee runs for the human interaction. I’m the opposite and run thru our front door at night like I’m being chased by wolves.

5 Likes

I’ll have my personal Republique shopper (enabler) pick up a couple of slices on his next run.

1 Like

The only fails so far…

Apricot Crostata (i think)

The picture speaks for itself - overcooked and dry.

Quiche

A wet, undercooked mess.

My Favorite Quiche - Clementine - Century City

These individual quiches are savory goodness. They’re cooked thru but soft and reheat perfectly. They’re not overloaded with ingredients, just simple, savory flavor combinations: bacon & leek / spinach or asparagus & feta / mushroom & scallion. The crust is buttery, flakey, firm & perfect.

3 Likes

thao farms arugula, fresh and dried persimmon, roasted almonds, crispy parsnip, parmesan, meyer lemon
loved the dried chewy persimmons contrasted with the fresh persimmons and crispy parsnips.

mushroom soup
delicious

mafaldine, maine lobster
excellent as always

butternut squash agnolotti, brown butter, parmesan, sage

duck a la presse, torte gibier, sauce rouennaise
you’ll be hard “pressed” to find a more impressive classic french dish. manzke ages the duck for at least two weeks and uses pureed duck livers to create a velvety liquid duck sauce that’s less hemoglobin-y than other versions i’ve tried. like @DTLAeater the highlight for me was the pithivier made out of the dark meat and offal.

pear sorbet

11 Likes

Seems like you really like this place! I’m finally making a trip there for dinner in a few weeks. Hopefully it’ll be a good contrast to Osteria Mozza since I’m going to both on the same weekend.

Where are the best seats in the house?

I personally like the tables in the back of the restaurant. The front is mainly one giant communal table and can get loud and crowded with the bar there.

2 Likes

I really like to sit upstairs overlooking the room in back. Also, even though you’re also going to Mozza, don’t sleep on the pastas at Republique.

3 Likes

If you want somewhere quiet and romantic sit in the back room. If you want to people watch sit in the front by the windows or the two tops in front of the kitchen.

Be sure to order the pastas.

1 Like