Restaurant 2117 Slated for Closure in June - Now, More Like January 2017 - $21.17 Prix-Fixe Meal, Too

I will check with Chef Hideyo himself whenever I drop by someday soon.

August will be the last month of Restaurant 2117. (Direct info from Chef Hideyo himself)…

In case you’d like to try it, get there soon for a meal, y’all.

Or wait for a lunar visit.

1 Like

Rats. Thanks for the update.

It lives! (For now at least…)

Chef Hideyo said this week that Restaurant 2117 will be open 'til November.

The saga continues…

2 Likes

Update: Website for the restaurant says closure will occur at the end of October. Go grab some great grub from Chef Hideyo while you still can!

1 Like

Good grief.

Now Chef Hideyo says he’ll close at end of December. If his goal is to toy with my emotions - Mission accomplished.

Good news for you longtime 2117 fans - Chef is once again making his signature whole chicken slow roasted with aglio olio PeperoncinIi and Parmesan rub (needs 1 day advance order).

3 Likes

OK this should be the final update. Per Chef Hideyo, the restaurant has been sold, and will close mid-January as it transitions to the new tenant.

But for now, what’s more important is that Chef Hideyo is treating all his customers to a STEAL-of-a-meal by offering a $21.17 three-course (app, pasta, and dessert) prix fixe, starting this weekend (no substitutions, no sharing).

My dinner last night was crab salad with avocado and wasabi dressing, wagyu Bolognese sawtellini, followed by a great banana & nutella crepe - All for $21.17!

8 Likes

Last night of service at Restaurant 2117: Saturday night Mar. 4th… :cry:

1 Like
2 Likes

Interesting article (I only skimmed). I assume part of the prob for the first version of 2117 was the price point. IMO, it’s not a place people expect (or even want) to go for fine dining. So to ask why ramen is so popular and why his place isn’t is (IMO) perhaps missing the point.

2 Likes

To paraphrase (incorrectly I am sure) a famous quote “Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan.”
Yet it seems a failed restaurant (though his very long run belies the concept of failure) seems to have a hundred folks who think they know why it failed.
Seems ironic, right?

Maybe his issue was price point. Maybe (again ironically) he wasn’t “Japanese” enough. Or perhaps …

Oh, I don’t pretend to know the reasons behind the “failure.” :slight_smile: And I certainly don’t think it was just one issue. I do wish he had kept the first version of the restaurant (which I liked very much). But I can understand why he changed it.