Restaurant Openings in San Diego 2015

Just back from Char House. My impressions:

The restaurant is larger than I’d expected, and there was a lot more parking out front than it looked like on Google Earth. I parked on Ruffner just south of Balboa, and you could also probably park in the shopping center where Office Depot used to be without being hassled. I liked the layout of the place – very nice, comfortable interior.

I ordered the pho dac biet, which came to the table very hot, a must for pho. The serving (large) was substantial and very filling.

I appreciated that the noodles weren’t stuck together in a big clump, as they are at too many other places. No clumps at all here. The tendons and other gristle in the soup were very tender, another big plus. The broth was beefy, as you described it, but, for my taste, I thought it was short on anise and much too sweet. Unusual for pho broth.

I’ll return to try other things on their fairly extensive menu, especially the pho bo koh, bun bo hue, cold bun dishes, and bahn mi. I’m also interested in trying their skewers. And (take note, Plumeria), they have vegetable skewers.

1 Like

The Taco Stand in La Jolla has been open for well over a year now. It is the Taco Stand in Encinitas that is due to open soon.

1 Like

Good to see you here Big E!

Hi Plumeria (BC). Good Seeing you.`

1 Like

:sunglasses::baseball::cocktail::beers::hibiscus:

emoticon allowance exceeded.

2 Likes

:grinning::grin::joy::laughing::innocent::smiling_imp::blush::yum::heart_eyes::sunglasses::confused::smirk::confused::flushed::scream::mask::angry::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::baby:

Oy vey… :slight_smile:

Emotionally unstable.

1 Like

Hardly.

In fact, I would say she’s rather emotically stable.

2 Likes

Has anybody seen Tripeler lately?

MIA. Like so many others.

That’s my baby doll, Ipse, always has my emoticon :back:
:heart_eyes:

‘Has anybody seen Tripeler lately?’
Probably hitting the books, coming up with more ‘Fabric’ jokes. .

:middle_finger::upside_down:

1 Like

:scream::cry::bikini::heart_eyes:

1 Like