Restaurant recs by LA FTC for Toronto?

I’m going to be living in Toronto for a couple months in the top of the year, looking for the best LA FTC approved restaurants… Looking for high end, trendy, but also the mom & pop authentic etc…any type of cuisines.

Looking to be staying in the Queen Street West area (I believe this is the coolest area)…anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Was there this summer for 5 days. Here are the places I’d recommend. Most are in the Queen St West area.

Bar Isabel was the highlight of our trip. Great cute little place and excellent tapas. We brought our kids and they loved the food as well. I would recommend the pickles, croquetas, boquerones, chorizo, octopus and snow pea leaves.
There was a gelato place a few blocks away called Dolce Gelato. They had a toasted marshmallow gelato that was amazing. Outside of stuff I’ve had in Italy and at Bulgarini this was the best. The toasted marshmallow mixed well with the chocolate. I felt like I was eating an iced version of s’mores.

The other places we really enjoyed were
Soma Chocolatemakers for their chocolates, toffee, gelato and sorbet. Great little shop. We went here almost every day for a little snack.
Forno Cultura for the coffee and excellent Italian pastries which reminded us of being in Italy.
Pizzeria Libretto was very good. Kids and adults liked the pizza, meatballs and well priced wines.

CH is much more active for Toronto. Here is my post from earlier this year. The one thing to note is that Toronto is a very big city. 4th largest city in North America by population (I had no idea). It’s a big metropolitan city that reminded me of LA in that there are definitely little pockets of Chinatown, Koreantown, ethnic restaurants all around the city. But since we did not have a car and relied mostly on public transportation, walking and an Uber here and there many of these places were 15-20 minutes from our Air BNB across from the baseball stadium. So a lot of the great suggestions were frankly too far for us to even consider.