Save My Two Cents!

Shrimp and Cheesy Grits!

3 Likes

Yeah, I really liked this dish. I found everyone there very welcoming, the QPR solid. Shame if they are struggling due to usual small business issues.

3 Likes

I wonder if she’d consider setting up a stand at FMs. Her shrimp and grits would sell themselves. And we don’t go to M2C because it’s no fun wading through traffic from the Westside, so move to the Westside already!

2 Likes

Just looked at the menu how is the seafood gumbo?

1 Like

Tomato, Okra, Filé style - Nice flavor, a bit salty.

I also like the Black-eyed Pea Stew, Muffin Tin Eggs w/side of Cheesy Grits & Biscuit, BBQ Fried Chicken Breasts (didn’t expect to like them, so didn’t take a picture @Chowseeker1999). My d. husband likes the Oxtail Tacos.

I’m not sure if everything is on the menu everyday. Weekends are kinda’ prix fixe but a lot of food. :yum:

Oh and @Luluthemagnificent, those other things I mention are what we see as small negatives. M2C is cool, usually busy and with good buzz (especially weekends). It could be more…

True. A demitasse of that rich, broth-y sauce could rival any swanky amuse-bouche. It made me wanna’ slap my mama the first time I tasted it.

1 Like

My husband and son were just there and sent these. :grin:

Shrimp and Cheesy Corn Grits

Mac & Cheese

It was packed. She didn’t go into detail about the situation, but said “See you next time!” as they left. So…

5 Likes

I set up the board, but it reflects what the users want, not my notions of what it should be.

7 Likes

This article says it’s a lawsuit by two former backers:

3 Likes

Thanks, robert. My ONLY point is that I’d hate to see this type of thing happen very often. Obviously none of US know what the real story is. Not in the restaurant scene but I’ve seen more than one business owner who didn’t come up with what was promised investors. I wouldn’t have wanted to bail out those people. Her food does look wonderful.

Hard to believe that after that concert that she need the gofundme money.

Cheers to that mindset and you, @robert!

1 Like

Oh? And you know this how, exactly?

Which is why no one asked you to donate, no one twisted your arm, cajoled or insisted you donate, and why you were never under any obligation nor expectation of ever donating.

Yet, somehow, you thought it was a good idea to announce to the board that you flagged the post and thereby created drama because you have a personal problem with gofundme pages, and now you’re still beating the horse.

Please, for the sake of this community, just GIVE. IT. UP. AND. MOVE. ON.

4 Likes

Mercy. I’ve donated to fund raising pages. Quite a few times actually. My point was - and is - that I’d hate to see this site make a habit of trying to save every place that’s having financial problems. I think you may need to get over yourself. I think robert was quite clear that all of us - and I think includes me - can give or take whatever we please from the site.

Really? Because that’s not what you said:

I am not a goldfish, and I certainly do not have the memory of one–you pulled this same kind of stunt in trying to enforce English-only posts on this site, by continuing to slag Kevin long after he left the site because your delicate sensibilities are apparently irreparably harmed by profanities in posts, and a whole host of other unacceptable and alienating behavior.

So the irony of you having the utter temerity of telling me to get over myself is, quite frankly, laughable. You, ma’am, need to get over yourself. With all due respect, of course :smiley:

6 Likes

Please show me a post where I spoke on English-only. I HAVE asked for translations from Chinese and suggested (maybe once?) that if giving the name of a dish in another language to please provide in English. Well, if you want everyone to enjoy the same restaurants. But entire posts in another language? I don’t remember that. BTW, LA’ers clearly don’t have the manners that others have :slight_smile: Ditto re respect. Of course.

I posted it because this a place we talk a lot about on here, so I thought people would be interested.

6 Likes

I don’t see that this place has been discussed here much. But that wasn’t my point.

M2C has come up regularly. And even if it hasn’t, what’s the big deal? If you’re not interested, - or God forbid - perturbed by whatever, move on.

IMO, if it’s related to food, it’s fair game. And in this case, the OP is just giving a heads-up to anyone who might be interested in this issue. ONE HAS TO TAKE THE INITIATIVE ON THEIR OWN TO TAKE THE NEXT ACTION. NO ONE IS BEING FORCED TO DO SO.

And we already have a moderator…

7 Likes

Some here may be so tone deaf as to not realize it, but every single positive post about a restaurant is essentially identical to a post linking to a GoFundMe page.

Why? Well, for the tone deaf among us, because every positive restaurant post is an invitation, either implicit, direct, or otherwise, to patronize the restaurant. Y’know, support the restaurant financially.

Oh, wait, doesn’t that sound like, wait, give me a minute, it’ll come to me … almost there, I think I have it … gofundme?

7 Likes