Shin Sushi (Encino): A Pictorial Essay

4 Likes

I booked a res! Looking forward to my meal!

5 Likes

LOL I though that looked familiar…

Eater using the Shin Sushi’s kohada nigiri photo (which I originally took for this very review and then gave permission for Take-san to use; see above)…

5 Likes

Darn man…when they blew up the pic for Eater and made it low res, the shari looks especially grainy (or pixelated), lol. Micro shari specks on the surface of the shari? That’s not doing your photo justice (or Take’s san’s craft)!

1 Like

Someday, when image historians of the internet try and collect the works @J_L, this kind of thing will become like all disputed Raphael’s and Titian’s.

4 Likes

I envision future museum labels:

… attributed to the school of J_L.

… possibly a disciple or apprentice of J_L.

(ROFL. by J_L.)

5 Likes

Take-san is vowing to survive the pandemic by doing take-out. According to our intrepid shokunin, it’d be too tough to attempt the outdoor dining thing at Shin Sushi, as he is pretty much a one-man show these days.

BUT despite the hardships presented by these times, Shin Sushi’s take-out game is still extremely strong. The ebi fisherman miso soup remains phenomenal, and is quite possibly the best miso soup in the city. The Deluxe Bara Chirashi, paired with Akitabare Daiginjo, looks and tastes perfect in all facets. The Omakase Box reflects the pride and skill in Take-san’s sushicraft. Even the tofu mousse dessert with kuromitsu, topped with fresh mint, was flawless.

19 Likes

What comes in the DBC?