Sichuan Impression Coming to the Westside

Thanks for the info.

Which restaurant is “it” since I’m assuming it wasn’t Sichuan Impression?

1 Like
3 Likes

Lets meet there and rip it open

2 Likes

RIP Jin Jiang, I hardly knew ye…

Thought it’d be open tonight bc the lights are on. Employee said it opens Sunday.

3 Likes

Can confirm, I eat Sichuan food but the numbing spice is not something I crave.

1 Like

I was told they’d be open by Tuesday (10/02/18), but you should call them first to be sure. They originally wanted to open yesterday, but that wasn’t the case when I got there.

1 Like

Jin Jiang used to have a small board hanging on the wall that names a few specialty dishes, like Water Boiled Fish, and it actually wasn’t that bad. Shame they didn’t have the intuition to add more Sichuan dishes to their menu (real Sichuan, not Chinese American style Sichuan dishes cooked by Toishanese chefs.

Apparently they did in fact open yesterday. I went today for lunch and it was already quite busy. Post coming soon to Eater, will be sure to link to FTC for discovery credit.

4 Likes

They brought in a chef from Chengdu to work there for a few weeks, developing new dishes for their menu. Don’t think those dishes will be available for another week or so… (report from my hedonist friend who ate there yesterday during lunch).

Hours are 11:30am to 2:45pm with a break, and then open again at 5:00pm to 9:45pm (M-Th)
Weekend lunch hours (F-Sun) extend until 3:15pm. Dinner hours on Fri and Sat extend to 10:15pm.

1 Like

Went last night.
It was excellent.
The Frog was outstanding.
Twice cooked pork, Winter Melon greens, Rattan Fish Filet (MaLA as can be), toothpick lamb, steamed bamboo, spicy dumplings.
With BEER, sake (and wines but we did not have any).

Quite crowded.

Impressive opening, as good as SGV.

6 Likes

Honestly I thought it was better than my last visit to the SGV Sichuan Impression. Really great, up there with my visits to Chengdu Taste (which I still prefer by a hair)

4 Likes

The day has come we finally have a successful SGV restaurant on the Westside? First was the train to the ocean and now this. I expect pigs to fly soon.

5 Likes

Here right now waiting, Anyone have any recs ?

Here’s my pictorial essay from Friday night’s dinner, and it was a mad house!

https://lafoodiepanda.com/2018/10/05/dinner-at-sichuan-impression-锦城里-in-westwood-west-los-angeles/

2 Likes

Yeah waited about 35 min on Thursday for dinner.

Pro tip download yelp and use their wait in line reservation system. You can basically skip the line that way.

3 Likes

Partner said that cars were lined up to get into the lot tonight (!!!).

Yup and I got shooed away because it was full.

A shame for you but I’m glad it seems to be successful!

I tried to get takeout but was denied!