Sichuan Ma La Comes To Downtown, Breakfast Jian Bing, Too--Li Orient Opens in US Bank Tower

Maybe the Gold Line is different because it’s newer and goes through a different area, but I see plenty of solo female riders or two female friends together at night. I would never ride the Red Line or Blue Line at night (after rush hour) by myself though.

2 Likes

Ohhh gotcha. I was admittedly looking at this from the perspective of a guy. FWIW, I usually to take the Expo Line downtown then Lyft home later. Not so much for security but because I’m lazy. :grin:

1 Like

i feel most are missing the point. LA is definitely a tough city to drive in. but LA/OC county is huge and is easy access for asia and central and south america, where most of our best ethnic food comes from. it is also big enough to let immigrants live in their own communities. where is the best vietnamese-westminster. cambodian-
long beach. chinese- SGV. central american - pico union, etc. until a food group becomes so popular like mexican, japanese or italian often the most authentic restaurants are in areas where the customers are eating their native cuisine. most of the great thai restaurants are in the SF valley or hollywood. there are exceptions like night+market which cross over to non thai. if you like to drive and eat (i do) LA is magical. artesia, north valley or culver city for indian, little arabia in anaheim for middle eastern, armenian in glendale or east pasadena, koreatown, etc. i love being able to take a drive and find a restaurant where not only am i the minority but where the food is great. LA food is great for fusion. LA food is great because small mom and pop’s can afford to open. i live on the westside can could care less a ma la restaurant opens. usually it’s not going to compare to SGV.

4 Likes

Cleo at LA Live closed?

That is the right attitude. Life is too short to settle for good enough.

4 Likes