Smorgasburg

That seems like going rate for pies, but is sad because she used to sell them for $32, or at east that was how much I paid for mine when she did a limited run at Dinosaur Coffee like a year ago. Best pie I have ever had. Blackberry marionberry ginger…I hope she does it again at her new stall.

1 Like

I’m trying to remember what I paid for a pie last summer at Gjusta. I think it was in the $60-70 range, including $10 (glass) pie pan deposit.

:scream:

1 Like

Wow, well in that case I guess she is being pretty nice…I thought I got a good deal at $32 but even $42 is a steal compared to $80… god damn.

Is it all LA real estate? You can go get some incredible pies at Jongewaard’s in LB for $14 a pop. I have always wondered how their pies are so far below all the LA pie places. Their crust is better than most places in LA’s. Rucker excepted. Rucker’s pies could probably command $80 price tags just based on flavor… but what is up with pie prices in general in LA??

1 Like

First​:astonished:, then :thinking:. Wife was :fearful: but didn’t give me :poop:. :pray: my lucky :star2:. I :kissing_smiling_eyes: :racehorse: (ass) well. The pie tasted​:yum: too!

4 Likes

I first I thought that was a whistling face instead of a kissy face, and I was like, “WTF???”

1 Like

The week before it was $35. That is the reason I stated because many of the prices from week one to week two changes from other places as well. A lot of other vendors changed their prices as well.

One place that I thought was a deal, was Maury’s bagels. A 1/2 dz for $8.

And holy crap, $80 for a pie! @bulavinaka

Price was including pie pan deposit, so $50-60 net, IIRC.

I think you’re right - eyes failing me! :kissing_heart: is what it should be. But whistling ass? Often guilty as charged? :wink: #nottooproud

1 Like

for sure 42$ is not bad when I think of the prices of farmers market blueberry’s and the amount it takes to fill a pie. I’m sure she gets a bulk discount but even still it’s not going to be inexpensive food cost.

1 Like

Yeah, $80 seems steep, but $40-50 seems about “right,” given how expensive good produce is…

2 Likes

Let’s just say Jerry’s deli has pies in that price range and they are putrid and cheaper ingredients.

Republique charges $7 a slice for their delicious banana cream pie and bananas really ain’t expensive.

1 Like

Would this pie hold up if I purchased one Sunday to take to a party on Monday?

It should but unless it’s a cream pie do not refrigriate.

yeah but Marie Calendar’s charges $12

:smiley:

I think it will so long as you keep it in a cool place in the house, it should be fine. The heat of the car is was my main problem so perhaps air condition the car a bit before leaving the parking garage. One day should be no big deal.

Marie Callendar’s > Jerry’s

I second your assertion, @paranoidgarliclover. I baked a sugar cream pie and made rhubarb compote for Father’s Day, and it wasn’t cheap.

1 Like

Last time I had a Rucker’s pie it lasted well into the next night the day after I bought it, should be fine.

Shooting for Smorgasburg tomorrow. Considering bang-bang with Howlin’ Ray’s. Do-able?