So, Did You Get Any Kitchen Related Gifts This Year? Loved It, Hated It or Confused By It?

[Edited to add a photo of my Instantpot in use.]

The father of my child gave me an Instantpot. :thinking:

1 Like

I got a set of measuring cups and an instant read thermometer. Both of which I asked for, so I’m happy about it. I already have almost everything I need, kitchen-wise. It’s hard to come up with new and exciting requests.

1 Like

My lovely bride got me an Anova sous vide circulator. My first meal was wild-caught salmon fillets with fresh dill, lime slices, and a little compound butter from Surfas. Delicious.

1 Like

Japanese Moribashi chopsticks. I am in awe of it. It is so precise, it picks up items only 5-6 molecules large. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@OCSteve Welcome to the sous vide society of cooking geeks.

2 Likes

Curious why you put the thermometer in the photo?

My in-laws gave me a Dansk butter warmer and a Magisso pie server. I love them both.

1 Like

So pretty! I especially love the cake server, so sleek.

@J_L

What do you use them for?

1 Like

I think that’s for a do it yourself sous vide. Where you try to keep the temp constant without a machine, so you need to have a thermometer inside the meat to know when it’s done. Very old-school.

Thanks! The kids got me a cookbook to go with it. One thing I love about the Anova is that they have a phone app that ties into Serious Eats guides on times and temps. Pretty handy. It also allows you to monitor and change time and temp remotely.

3 Likes

Picking up individual grains of sand.

Just kidding (sort of) - I use them for plating “dainty” things out, like uni, parsley, etc. Think of them as exquisitely gentle tweezers.

2 Likes

Wow. At home?

Maybe I should get some. My kid makes fun of my plating attempts. Brat. I remember when a happy face pancake made him happy.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like you post on Home Cooking. Maybe you will - with photos - in the New Year!

1 Like