Solvang bakeries--which is the best?

There’s a slight chance I’ll be in Solvang in a few weeks and would like to bring some cookies back. Which bakery is the best–Paula’s, Mortensens, Solvang or Olsen’s? Or is there anything else I don’t know about?

Many thanks!

Late reply but we went to Olsens last week and it was pretty darn good! We ended up there because Paula’s wouldn’t let dogs on the patio :unamused:

I was happily surprised at how good and different the pastries were. The worst bakeries are those where everything tastes the same - each one here was unique.

1 Like

I picked up a bucket of butter cookies from Olsen’s this weekend, and I’m quite happy with them. $16.95 for a bucket.

1 Like

We’re here now with all the aunties of the world and it’s legit hard to pick a bakery! Shall report back

1 Like

My vague recollection from 3 yrs ago is that we had a decent experience w/ a bakery that was kind of at a T intersection?

Let us know what you find. Depending on which direction you’re driving, I’ll probably pass you on freeway b/c we’re coming back from Morro Bay today.

We really liked Danish Mill

1 Like

We liked Good Seed for our hipster coffee needs. Much better than Pony Espresso in SY. Sourdough toast was good too.

1 Like

What are you brewing at home ?