Somni - Beverly Hills

This is not the entire meal, right? Just the dishes not seen before?

No, it wasn’t the entire meal.

besides the non alcoholic and wine tasting pairings, is their options to order beers or cocktails? Going in April and i wanted to know if i can order beer and cocktails a la carte. It’s a weekday and i don’t want to be drunk since i have to work the next day.

You might try calling the SLS, they are helpful. I know you can at least order wine or spirits by the glass.

1 Like

yes you can.

1 Like

Anyone gonna hit this up again before the Michelin craze/inflation hits in June/July with their inevitable stars?

1 Like

Was a one and done experience for me, unless someone offers to take me on their dime.

While I adore what Chef Aitor and the team are doing at Somni, the truth is that there are SO many other hugely interesting offerings in SoCal I haven’t yet tried that I can’t see a return trip to even as splendid a meal as Somni offers taking priority over eating new potential gems.

Dammit, my English teacher would give me detention just for that last run-on train wreck of a sentence… (Although my German teacher would complain that it was too brief lol)…

1 Like

Lucky for me, it’ll be my first cherry popping of Somni along with Dialogue.

1 Like

The Somni experience is a tightly scripted, directed and choreographed performance; an acting coach trained the opening team.

How did the pizza margherita taste? The idea seems repulsive.

The crust is crunchy on the outside yet spongy since it’s a meringue and topped with dehydrated tomato & whipped cheese. It’s certainly whimsical and gives it a completely different texture than what I’m used to with regards to pizza. But at the end of the day, I would rather have a real slice!

2 Likes

ditto, wasn’t my favorite course.

1 Like

What drink pairing would everyone recommend for Somni?

Is it essential to be meal?

Depends. Are you a big drinker? We did the standard wine pairing and while there were some interesting wines, I thought it was pretty terrible value as the wines that they serve are mostly pretty affordable wines. But you can make it up if you drink a lot as they will gladly refill your glass all night. I left the dinner pretty tipsy and I’m probably an above average drinker.

Another note about their wine pairing is that they only pair about 6 different wines, while you go through 20+ courses, so some of the “pairings” simply don’t work.

I honestly don’t know what the other strategy would be. Start with a bottle of white and move on to a lighter red?

1 Like

Thank you for the insight I would say I’m an above average drinker also but I don’t really feel like drinking 6-8 glasses of wine esp for the price point and esp if the wine isn’t really paired or particularly of note.

Maybe we’ll choose a white and lighter red bottle per your suggestion or a nice light cocktail.

Would love to hear others experiences also!

Drinking alcohol is not compulsory for full enjoyment of the meal at Somni.

If memory serves there are three wine pairing levels available at Somni. The most expensive pairing is really almost baller for ballers’ sake, IMHO. There’s also a very interesting non-alcoholic pairing option.

I’ve done the lowest (least expensive) wine pairing on two occasions there, and found it to be just fine, with some quixotic and memorable picks. I’ve also done the non-alcoholic pairing with zero regrets. In fact, my winey dining companions often took huge interest in my virgin concoctions.

3 Likes

Hmmm thanks for that tip I’ll check out their non-alcoholic beverage tasting!

Their description is interesting using herbs and spices to mimic California wines.

Also is the black truffle supplement worth it?