Sprouts in da hood

I was walking past a film school last night and noticed a sign in the window that said it was a nut-free facility.

1 Like

I don’t think there exists a film school that’s free of nuts. (I went to film school.)

4 Likes

Haha… I was thinking that.

1 Like

It is a self-negating phrase.

1 Like

Well they do that in LA for sure. (The double ad wednesday.) Not sure about their other locations.

Sprouts is not my be all and end all but they are HANDY.

My favorite thing to buy there? The old fashioned rolled oats, especially when they are on sale (either two pounds for $1 or 69¢ a pound.) Easily as good as Quaker Oats, almost as good as the Hadley Date farm oats.

Love their produce sales and, come fall, their canned pumpkin is excellent and well priced.

Love their weekend sales - usually excellent produce, fish and cheese deals. And many of their herbs and supplements are significantly less than Whole Foods.

Oh and discounted, freshly made sushi on Wednesdays : )

3 Likes

They finally opened on La Brea & San Vicente, and everything is on sale. I bought wild-caught, North Atlantic, Lobster tails (raw, prev. frozen) for $7.99 each. They’ll be $6.99 this Wednesday.

P.S. Got the smaller round watermelon for $3.99 @boogiebaby.

:lobster::corn::watermelon:

1 Like

That explains the extra $1 off on the lobster tails. Will start trying to hit them up on Wednesday’s.

It was one of my first experiences with Sprouts. They don’t have everything I buy and not a lot of organics in the produce section. The staff still needs some training (it was painful watching the checker try to double bag already full bags). But that will work itself out. They have enough stuff, it’s not as pricey as WF and it’s really close. I’m glad they’re here.

Edit: They also save paper by having 2-sided receipts. I thought she forgot to charge me for some stuff. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I love their double sides reciepts… I wish WF would get with the PROGRAM!!!

That Sprouts is the closest one to us and they have improved a lot from when they first opened. It takes a little bit for the staff to get with it. When the one in Palms on Venice opened… we went there one night and it took nearly half an HOUR to get checked out because they were so short staffed and the cashier was a new one. The staff was very nice and gave us all in line cookies and bottles of sprouts water.

1 Like

Nice!