Store Bought Corned Beef - Who's got the tastiest?

can anyone point me in the right direction? I would make it myself but i don’t have enough time to cure it by Friday.

thanks in advance.

Curious to hear as well. My $3/lb specimens from the standard markets didn’t exactly make me a convert.

FWIW, Snake River Farms sells non-prime corned beef or something like $15/lb, and >prime corned beef for almost $25/lb.

1 Like

do you know where i can get the Snake River Farms one? i saw corned beef at Costco Business Center, a full brisket Packer, but that’s a little bit too much meat. thanks for the information.

Snakeriverfarms.com. They had a $10 coupon code last week. The >prime corned beef was $60 for a 2.5 pound slab.

Ah! I thought they would have them at a store or something. I’ll check online and see who sells it locally.

Thanks!

They had some samples out at Trader Joe’s last week. Tasted pretty good, like corned beef of yore. I read the ingredients list, and it was something like 1gm of sodium per 2oz portion. That sounded pretty high, but maybe it’s normal for corned beef.

1 Like

The one I got from Sprouts was a notch better than the vons/albertsons/ralphs-type ones I have gotten in the past.

1 Like

2019 bump with st patty’s day just a few weeks to go.

Can someone provide me with a NO BRAINER supplier + corned beef/cabbage recipe to make me a believer? I like corned beef fine, but have never found a homemade corned beef/cabbage dinner that was worthwhile.

1 Like

2020 bump.

Very happy with my Gelsons branded product last year but wanted to get your thoughts. Here’s Gelsons selection today.

1 Like

I haven’t tried any of the Gelson’s products but maybe I’ll try these this year.

Currently living in a tiny borrowed kitchen owned by someone who would prefer if we just instapoted everything and has four sections of the fridge (Including one crisper drawer) dedicated to booze……

I saw the recipe for Seared and then Braised Corned Beef from Brian Langerstrom and figured… If I got a deal on a decent corned beef… I could pull this off with limited fretting and fridge space

So I went to google looking for the best store bought Corned Beef. And came across this post! HA! But then I got super busy and my one grocery trip this week was to Amazon Fresh (Needed my Cranberry Tuna!!) So I checked out their selection (It was branded “O’Donnells) and got the fattiest cut I could find and with the Prime Discount… I had a 3lb $12 corned beef ready to go…

We have quite a busy day tomorrow… so we decided to make the recipe today since it requires quite a long cook in the oven (6 hours).

Just perfect! Not too salty… super tender!!! Since I saved so much on the Corned Beef… I went to Bub and Grandma and got a fresh baked Rye Bread Boule. SO GOOD. Also, there were carrots (P. Is just a cabbage boy) and we also ate with Brian’s Suggested Horsey Sauce. Grainy Mustard was also on the table. All loved it. Would do it again for actual Sandwiches (Sadly Homeboy is closed on the weekends so I have to get over their for their Amazing Marble Rye during the week). Especially next week as we hope to get Corned Beef for an even better deal…

But once again… Proof that Technique > Fancy Ingredients.

10 Likes

didn’t plan on it but saw it at the store and said yolo. whole foods brand. 90 minutes on high pressure, quick release.

10 Likes

Looks awesome! Way more fat on it than mine. Will have pop by to WF this coming week to see if they put it on super sale. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes