Surfas new digs

West Washington at 3rd Ave 90019

8 Likes

Excellent intel. Really close to Pasta Sisters!

Close to Pasta Sisters, Truffle Bros., Pacific French Bakery, Gish Bac. That stretch could turn into quite the chow destination.

–Dommy!

2 Likes

That is great news. I miss Surfas so much.

2 Likes

OMG this is so close to me, and avoids the traffic hell of Culver City!!

2 Likes

Almost ready! There is also a parking lot in the back…

3 Likes

Way easier for me as well.

I thought pasta sisters was moving

1 Like

No, just adding a new location in Culver City.

1 Like

I did enjoy being able to do a quick stop at Surfas and then go get something tasty at the Platform.
But it looks like the bang bang opportunities here are an upgrade.

2 Likes

Definitely! I hope it inspires the Truffle Bros to open on weekends! Pasta Sisters finally expanded their hours!

Any recommendations at truffle Brothers?

The warm Porchetta Sandwich. It’s cold cut porchetta, but it all comes together wonderfully! Honestly, I like these sandwiches much better than the ones at Pasta Sisters because of the bread they use.

I also like their soups. Always good. It’s also a neat little shop and the patio is like an oasis. It’s just the hours are really inconvenient and the parking situation a bit sketchy at time. The neighborhood has been working hard to improve the area and we have been hoping for a food centric corridor since Adams is turning into a gallery and workshop row… Surfas will definitely help and hearing about Les’ excitement about opening the new location has certainly helped us all get excited about it even more too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVamMmQFvap/?taken-by=dommygrams

–Dommy!

1 Like

looks great. thanks

of course Pasta Sisters isn’t going to use french bread though :stuck_out_tongue:

8 point deduction for omitting Anaya which looks a couple of blocks from Truffle Bros. This entire area is going to really see growth when Tony Yanow’s mega project opens on w adams… really wish we didn’t get outbid on the house in that area 3 years ago.

It wasn’t purposeful, but we blank out on it often because its west of Crenshaw and that’s more Mid City than West Adams. Just like Tony Yanow’s project which we call ‘culver city adjacent’. East of Crenshaw for us in the neighborhood really deserves the special consideration… :wink:

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Those who are not follow Surfas on Facebook… they are hoping to be open by Mid February. They are still trying to keep this location DL, but the paintjob and the video they just posted pointed of bringing in the store items point to this exact location…

–Dommy!

4 Likes

Apparently a tipster has told Eater LA about Surfas’ new super secret location…

2 Likes

Almost ready!!!

6 Likes

I really hope we get to use that big factory door to enter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soft open on Thursday!

6 Likes