Tacos 1986 - New Tijuana-style stand w/ trompo in Hollywood

Where is this place? I went and didn’t see anything. Is it a truck?

Where did you go? No it’s not a truck. Just a bunch of carts.

611 western.

What time? They don’t open until 7.

8 or 9pm.

They’re kinda tucked into the overhang and hard to see when just driving by, but they are there!

I had this Saturday night. It was ok. Nothing mind blowing. The parking is horrible.

I ended up liking the carne asada better than the pork. I was highly disappointed that they don’t have pineapple slices. Mine was kind of dry and the crunchy, burnt pieces you guys liked, I could do without, just made it worst.

he chicken and mushroom are bland, bland. But it’a better than most of the trucks. I still like El Chato better. But that mofo doesn’t open until 9pm.

you’re totally entitled to be wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed. Makes note that I do not like mexican food that Nemroz likes. I’m 0-2 with you. First Los Anaya, now this. :grinning:

No way! I’m glad you’re keeping score. Hope we find some commonality soon

Ricky’s Fish Tacos?

Never had Ricky’s. That’s the best part about the boards…the keeping track. If someone has the same tastes in a certain food, if they recommend it, I go check it out. I pretty much know that pizzamaven likes the same pizza I like. :wink:

1 Like

I am somewhere in the middle.

I overall liked Tacos 1986, I found their asada charry and tender and their Mushrooms among my favorite tacos period. For the style however I like Tire Shop Taco better… but they don’t do mushrooms. I will return for that Mushroom Taco (Right in front) over and over…

Also, I found the Adobada lacking in flavor and GREASY. I could not eat the the bottom tortilla of my mulita… AT ALL. Now it’s just mushroom and asada for us. We never order Chicken tacos unless we are at Revolutionario.

–Dommy!

4 Likes

This is where I find myself too - I liked the tortillas, the salsas, and the mushrooms.

The asada I’ve had has been just ok, and the adobada was - on my visits, at least - a disaster. It was shaved raw off the trompo and cooked on the flat top (which, why even have a trompo at all?), and came out undercooked, chewy and greasy. I threw half of my last adobada taco away.

Really like the salsa macha though!

Sounds like we can all at least agree consistency is not their strong point.

1 Like

So sad you didn’t like Anaya, please try them again! Maybe they had an off night?

not possible… unless Lulu order the cheeseburger… but even those are pretty dang good over there :stuck_out_tongue:

people just have different tastes and desires sometimes… but yea @Luluthemagnificent please go and try their chilaquiles with asada or the barbacoa plate or the fish veracruz burrito. i want you to love it

1 Like

We need a FTCer re-calibration bangbangbang meetup: Anaya, 1986, and Ricky’s.

3 Likes

given the byob aspect of the 1st you know where i stand.

I think you might be the first person on this board who doesn’t like Los Anaya. Haven’t made it there yet myself.

1 Like

in on this

1 Like