Taqueria Los Anaya

I followed your instructions. It was fucking incredible. No joke, the best shrimp ceviche I’ve ever had, and one of the best ceviches I’ve ever had.

3 Likes

Ditto here. I’ll be back within the next week for another order…guaranteed!

1 Like

Are the ribs on the regular menu or is this an off-menu item?

Always been on the menu, they’re called northern ribs. Good job with the ceviche. my last one was a tad overcured… a bit more chewy than previous time

Those northern ribs were so good! I also had the shrimp ceviche per your suggestion. Delicious but just a tad over cured also.

2 Likes

20181010_153734_1539211062191

Just wanted to pile on the Shrimp Ceviche tostada praise, went there recently and yes, as other’s have proclaimed, this was easily the best ceviche I’ve ever had. $18 would seem a bit steep however, the order comes with 2 and will definitely fill you up and the tostada itself on the bottom was flakey and delicate, really made it all come together. I wish this was offered year round but make sure to stop by to try this out.

3 Likes

is it 14 or are you doing a Nemroz and calling that 18 with TT?

went there today for the awesomest barbacoa burrito

Found out tonight that they have an off-menu, off-board cochinita pibil plate special. It was fucking great. Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture, but it’s perfectly succulent pork, nicely pickled onions, guacamole, rice, beans, a stack of perfect corn tortillas, and a volcanic habanero salsa for the tacos. Really highly recommended–the sauce on the side, the pork, the onions, and the guacamole inside of those perfect corn tortillas made for some incredible bites. Love this place.

4 Likes

oh wtf… manuel never told me this? he’s going to hear the wrath of Nemroz

3 Likes

Like most things in Los Anaya it’s very well prepared and a great portion. Sadly it’s not quite there in terms of Cochinita flavor or texture. Nice try. But if you go in expecting what they have at Chichen Itza or Flor de Yucatan, you will be disappointed.

1 Like

I wanna go to Chichen Itza. But every time, just as I’m about to reach the counter, I look left, catch sight of Holbox, and an unplanned detour ensues…

6 Likes

word! Holbox draws me away every time.

Another word - bang-bang.

7 Likes

So I found that at first, on its own, but once I added the sauce, I was loving it more than Itza. Different tastes, I suppose.

Y’all keep sleeping, we keep eating :). Ribs were good again, ceviche was perfect, previous issues gone. But the star of the show is now…

8 Likes

Wow. What fish is that

Also the shrimp ceviche is back?

1 Like

Yes both on special but every time we’ve been lately ceviche is on. It’s a red snapper which means rock fish, with a great garlic and parsley salsa

Sergio!

1 Like

wow this may be the first non tilapia whole fried fish I’ve seen at a mexican joint.

It’s crazy, I keep telling people Anaya takes pride isn’t their good and ingredients and it’s as if they think I’m just talking. Their potato and cheese flautas are great because they chose Manchego

2 Likes