Thai near LAX? Urgent

Whatever you do, don’t go to the proud bird. Or at the very least, go eat somewhere else and then return to the proud bird for 7 days/week happy hour.

Did you finally go? What did you get that turned you off?

Ekkami in Culver City (on Washington East of Lincoln) is good, albeit not up to Thai Town tastes, and just about 6 miles from LAX.

Proud Bird has it’s moments - the HH menu is great for alcohol, watching the planes is cool, and the patio area is pretty nice.

The food leaves a lot to be desired, and while I didn’t have many good things to say about OG Bludso’s Compton, I don’t have anything good to say about Bludso’s Proud Bird. The simple pepperoni and cheese pizza was not well received by my friend’s preschool aged children.

The best station there seems to be their salad station…

What are these “miles” of which you speak? We don’t speak that language here.

1 Like

Where did you end up eating?

Actually, Kid and wife grabbed some ceviche at a mariscos place; I couldn’t even get down there in time.

1 Like

Coni’ Seafood?

Whoops. Answered from my e-mail account rather than through the site, and got my auto-signature in there by accident. Fixed it.

Larry Parker got me, 2.1 million! Se Habla Espanol.

Cellino and Barnes, Injury Attorneys, Call 888-8888, Don’t wait! Call 8!

3 Likes

they got divorced. if Celino and Barnes (:notes: injury attorneys :notes:) couldn’t hack it, we’re all doomed.

3 Likes

That’s a bummer. I thought the ribs were solid. It’s not a place I’d go regularly for food only, but I like the set up, I thought what I’ve tried isn’t bad and decent QPR, add in the view and the bar, it’s not a bad place to sit and catch up with a friend.

It must depend on when you come by - at 6pm on a Sunday, all the ribs were in a sad stainless steel pan by the grill. When you ordered, the person in charge at that time would go to the pan and find a suitable looking set of ribs to give to you.

It doesn’t look like the guys running the joint are BBQ guys at all, they just look like the standard food service workers who work there.

I think you’re right. Having gone there on a midday lunch and on a late Sun afternoon within a couple of weeks of each other, I did notice a distinct difference in the quality of service behind the counter. The midday lunch people seemed more on the ball.

Possibly there is more turn too. The midday lunch also took more time for the food to come out and it looked to have more prep work needed.

I have not yet tried the pizza or the salad. I do want to try the chicken though.

marisco’s chente on centinela, too

1 Like