The $6 meal thread - Where can I eat delish for $6?

Ok where and what? :slight_smile:

How much is Dino’s chicken dinner now? Haven’t gone in years.

In n Out - double double, fries well done

Portos - Cuban sandwich w/ plantain chips

1 Like

https://www.dinoschickenandburgers.com/mneu-column-pick

Las Moreliana’s for carnitas tacos. $6 should get you two tacos. Their chicharrones are like big crunchy pig chips. Walk up, be offered a sample taco, confirm that they are more than worthy, get in line and order. Two of their tacos should fill most eaters.

4 Likes

What @bulavinaka said. :slight_smile: Villa Morelianas Tacos are huge (easily like 4 times the size of a Leo’s Al Pastor Taco (maybe 5 or 6 times as large? :slight_smile:, and filled with amazing Carnitas (they offer 10 different types of Carnitas for you to order). (At Grand Central Market.) There are some pics in the Taco thread.

1 Like

That “sample” is no joke either - it’s probably bigger than most tacos as well. It’s like a lure on a fishing line, and we are the hungry fish. Hook, line and sinker.

3 Likes

Carne Asada burrito from Mariela’s

1 Like

Banh mi has to be one of the best values for a cheap easy go-to/to-go meal.

7 Likes

what i like about their tacos is that it’s essentially ‘whatever we happen to scoop up out of all the scrambled pig parts for your particular order’ might even be better than the aporkalypse tacos at el momo - which are similarly huge 2 for $5 fills me up pretty good and i still have a fairly hefty appetite.

my first time i didn’t know and i ordered three.

there’s a table (Fri-Sun only) in front of the cashiers at the supermarket at ‘the square’ (SW corner of sna gabriel & garvey) that sells kimbap for only $2 each. the kimbap is meatless (tofu & egg) but $2 is tough to beat.

and of course, vietnamese places offering take out banh mi. i personally favor banh mi my tho; they have the most substantial and tasty fillings, though if you let their sandwiches sit, the bread can dry out.

they also offer entire pandan cakes for only $7 (vs. the packaged slices for $2 each)

4 Likes

If you’re in that part of town, the Me Teresita taco truck is always parked on Western just north of Santa Monica Blvd, just south of the freeway overpass.

Two tacos and a mexicoke, eaten on the hood of your car, probably. If you hand 'em $6 and don’tt take change, that’s a good tip.

Get the pastor. comes with the little pickled carrots and such. Their house hot sauce is decent.

On the other side of town, right near MacArthur Park is Cinco Puntos. The meats have been stewing for 30 years or so now, and there’s always someone’s mom or grandmother making tortillas and grilling them up. Again, a couple of tacos and a coke will run you $5 and change.

1 Like

El Burrito Jr. in Redondo Beach, Torrance and more…
Special “C” 2 Bean & Cheese Burritos with chips and medium drink 6.75!
Great Food too.

1 Like

3 steak taquitos with guacamole is $5.49 at Taco’s Por Favor

2 Likes

$7

Spicy Wontons at Chubby Rice ($6 on the dot)

Broken rice or banh mi at BMMT (each under $6, under $5 in fact)

3 piece fish n chips at UEDF Fish & Chips ($5.50)

Steak sandwich at Rincon Argentino ($5.99)

Chliburger at Yuca’s ($4.50)

80% of the menu items at Harlam’s Kitchen

Shrimp fried rice at Tasty Food ($6)

Shrimp burrito at Lupita’s ($6)

Any of the breakfast items at Wake & Late (all $6 or less)

An empanada and six cheese balls at Ubatuba (total $5.50)

Everything hash browns at Denny’s ($3.70)

2 Likes

The Hungry Pocket, on Pico in a minimall across from Santa Monica College, offers gyros for $5.95 and falafel pitas for $4.75. Be sure to try their hot sauce!

$6 for 2 spam musubi at the Rice Man by Koda Farms stall at the Torrance Farmers Market.

Man even a chick’n shack doesn’t make the cutoff - found my receipt and its $7.xx after tax.

forgot about them. i was in that food court friday.

You can get a falafel in a pita at Joe’s Falafel for about $6. For 75¢ more you can get chicken shawarma, gyro, kafta, chicken kabob or lemon chicken in a pita (though I do prefer the fresh lafa)

sorry it doesn’t leave you anything for a drink.

1 Like

Pie of the day 800 degrees m-f 5.99 + water

2 Likes