The Bang Bang Thread

My God … it’s full of char!

The crust at Grimaldi’s was really good. Forgot to take a underboob pic of the slice. It was nicely charred.

That General Tso’s was a surprise for me. Not sure how Chubby Rice’s compares with NYC places.

love Chubby Rice…the nicest people run it and i hope they have great success…i haven’t been there in a while but next time I’m anywhere in the area, I’ll be there…Love Grimaldi’s too…havent been down there in too long also…time to head a bit south!

2 Likes

Gjusta and Gwen bang bang

8 Likes

Which fish did you get? I had something that looked very similar the other day. Got the smoked kampachi on a sandwich. Was great.

I got the herbed gravlax on the onion bilay with lebneh

I love both those places, but have some questions about how this bang bang occurred.

Did you drive all the way from Venice to Hollywood? I feel like by the time you got from once place to the other it’d be the difference between breakfast and lunch time.

I left Gjusta at 1130ish and was at Gwen a bit over 30 minutes later. traffic wasn’t too bad.

3 Likes

thats really good time for LA.

5 Likes

That is some next level bang bangin’!

Also that bread at Gwen looks so absurdly good.

Thank you for mentioning that I really did like the sesame roll for the sandwich. Good bread can make or break a sandwich.

3 Likes

Do not attempt a gwen, luv2eat bang bang on sundays or mondays, it’ll end up being a single bang. Don’t ask me how i know.

2 Likes

lol!!

it’s funny as I was leaving Gwen I went through the (packed) parking lot Luv2eat is in and was thinking…

2 Likes

i’ve hit a gwen sandwhich and jade noodle luv2eat bang bang before…ELITE

6 Likes

I have to ask. You can Private Message me if more appropriate :slight_smile:

@CiaoBob Gwen is closed on Sunday/Monday

heading to gwen rn for lunch

Hit up HiHo and Uovo on Saturday night, making a nice 1-2 punch. Well, make that 1-2-3, with a Jeni’s tacked on to the end.

13C742D4-BD55-4764-8ED4-577DB1240B2A!

7 Likes

But those can be very cathartic…

QPR is, IMHO, insane (given what overhead must be). And I found the cheeseburger to be quite pleasing.

Given the fact that lunch is served out of the butcher shop and the butcher shop is open everyday, i foolishly arrived on a Sunday only to be told they don’t serve lunch on Sundays and Mondays.

Totally agree.

I’d already planned on a BB, but when I showed up the wait at Uovo was 60-90 minutes, which worked our perfectly.

Note: Not a chance in HELL I would wait 60-90 for Uovo on its own.

1 Like