The beverly blvd sushi joint. (somewhat long) (and that ain't no joke)

[quote=“Funtimes, post:60, topic:1154”]
cookie’s fortune.
[/quote]I can’t get it on Netflix or Amazon :frowning2:.

Maybe a video store ? if they still exist

1 Like

Not sure where you live or wok:

Cinefile, or Vidiots.

Both of em should have it.

I think cinefile might have section devoted to Rob Altman.

1 Like

Cinefile is also a good excuse to hit up Sawtelle for some eating!!

1 Like

that’s true.

and there’s a couple decent sushi on swatted.

1 Like

@JeetKuneBao & @Funtimes Great ideas. Thanks.

some awesome t-shirts, some suspect genres, and probably any hard-to-find movie one would want for a post-Kiriko Friday night.

1 Like

Any Kiriko regulars here?

I really wanna try the foie gras egg custard but also don’t wanna leave without trying some sushi/sashimi but also don’t want a omakase experience.

Any recommendations for a la carte?

Apps:

• Kanpachi carpaccio
  • Ankimo
  • My friends like the grilled bluefin toro with yuzu aroma
  • Their cold smoked salmon with mango is uniquely theirs - some like it, some don’t. I quite like it, as you get a smokey fish with sweet mango; as long as you don’t have an aversion to either ingredient, it’s worth a try.

Sushi:

• Seared kinmedai with yuzukosho
  • Ika with uni on top and shiso underneath
  • Blue crab handroll. Yes it has mayonnaise, but they pack in the crab, and the sesame seeds and pickled cucumbers are great with it

I almost always sit with Shinji-san. Kiriko is pretty good, tasty if not quite as technical as others at times, but that’s because (at least in my opinion) they’re rather understaffed. Sometimes the food can come a bit slowly, so be patient and sip some sake.

2 Likes

Yup: That’s pretty much Ken-san’s greatest hits.

PSA: drop by Shibucho ASAP for the best Aji you’ll ever have. It was so buttery that I actually started doubting my sanity when the incongruity between what I saw and what I tasted hit me. Also, outstanding saba and iwashi… tis the season.

3 Likes

'Tis the season for iwashi, falalalala-lalalala…

I’ve been trying to figure this place out. Is it omakase or can one order a la carte?

He loves it when you order rolls.

2 Likes

Ask Flea.

Did Shige make a cameo appearance on a superbowl commercial?

Yes, someone mentioned it on the super bowl thread. That’s what made me start wondering if I should pay a visit.

If it’s your first visit you’ll want to order a la carte. I talk about a wide variety of his commonly available offerings here: L.A. Regains a Sushi Master - Mori at Shiki Beverly Hills [Thoughts + Pics] - #10 by T3t

You could also ask about what’s seasonal (hint: Aji). I didn’t get served any tuna yesterday, so it’s probably not the best time for it, but I’m pretty sure he has some.

After your first visit, he ought to remember you, so no problem asking him to serve you then.

1 Like

Btw, does anyone know if Shige-san’s still running shop? I was thinking about what my first stop post-vaccine-immunity was going to be, but it looks like the Google Maps listing for Shibucho has disappeared, which is a bit worrying.

No idea.
#free @kevin

1 Like