The Canned Wine Thread

The GELSONS selection was small…and expensive.

Boxed wines usually use an inner ‘bag’ that collapses as the volume drops. That tends to keep the remaining space mostly wine and less of wine’s nemesis … air.

1 Like

I’ve had the Alloy Pinot Noir before. It’s fine. Reminds me of something like a Modelo Especial in that it’s perfectly fine under the correct circumstances. I poured it into a glass because I’m a philistine but not a fucking monster.

1 Like

Do people actually drink it out of the can??? I’ve thought of those as ‘storage containers.’

1 Like

I’ve been getting West Side Cab Sauv from Whole Foods (~$18 for 4 cans - 1 can = 1.5 glasses of wine) and then pocketing one or two for a movie at the theater. Most recently for Nocturnal Animals, Star Wars and La La Land. They’ve served me well indeed.

Don’t knock it till ya try it.

3 Likes

If the wine is good but not too good I’d think that would be fine.

Not at all. Just never occurred to me.

1 Like

Drinking from the can is perfectly acceptable… as long as you’re using a Krazy Straw.

1 Like

The exception that proves the rule!

1 Like

Yes, especially when you are out and about, like at a picnic. You can also put a can koozie over the soda can shaped ones and go to the mall with it (with a straw of course) when you can’t find your usual opaque water bottle to fill up.

Not that I do that. Ever.

2 Likes

Then there’s this that’s been around and popular for quite some time.

I found that undrinkable. Maybe worse than Cook’s.

1 Like

Maybe . . . it’s certainly made using the same techniques, though possibly better grapes? In any event, I avoid that $#|+ like the plague!

I agree. I found it to be just plain gross.

I was referencing the can… no endorsement intended.

At $8 for 500ml I’ll take the tastier $9 for 750ml Sauvignon Republic from Trader Joe’s, but if you need a can, this is not bad.

2 Likes

Handsome can!

I take it back, it’s better than the Sauvignon Republic. Not a bad value for the equivalent of $12 / bottle.