The Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread

I once went through a drive-thru. After I ordered the tacos the voice asks if I want any sauces.

I said “yeah, can I have them with extra hot sauce?”

I got the bag and whomever made them, put extra taco sauce right in the taco.

Sigh – Such a great day.

I have tried several times to get them that way again to no avail.

3 Likes

Perfect “alcohol purgatory” (as in that nether in-between zone of being drunk and hungover) food for me is fried pickles and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich from Sonic.

1 Like

Have you been to Pagan Idol? Place is incredible.

Count me among the Jack in the Box taco lovers. #YouAreNotAlone

The funny thing is they’re probably more textured vegetable protein than meat at this point. I wish JITB would just lean into it and make the tacos completely vegetarian. They’d attract quite a few vegetarian customers and most meat eaters probably wouldn’t even notice the difference.

5 Likes

Don’t feel like the lone rangers. Accordingly to an article in the Wall Street Journal today (originally posted by Mattapoisett_in_LA)

Americans Eat 554 Million Jack in the Box Tacos a Year, and No One Knows Why

4 Likes

stoned, drunk, and hungry. I’m good for a least 2/3 of those pre-requisites.

1 Like

I was good for all three for 2/3 of my adult life… and yes, I do love me $0.99 worth of greezy ass tacos ever year or so.

Where’s this hotacoochie truck ?

those are disgusting.

del taco is much better.

even better is the Chili cheese fries with crinkle cutes.

1 Like

especially on NYE

Yes, drinks excellent and stunning interior.

Unfortunately back room was closed for Rogue One after party, but manager let me in to have a look.

Bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese on a bed of fries from Top Shelf Tacos in Carson.

9 Likes

that looks amazing.

reminds me of the torito…anyone got leads? this was from the old Mariscos El Teto’s truck in Sun Valley.

2 Likes

I’m trying to get a size perspective. Is that a jalapeno? Looks great.

1 Like

This is what SGLA says:

Toritos are a street food item in Baja, usually a bacon wrapped chile guero(blonde), but here they use the neon green anaheim pepper. The bacon is loosely wrapped and stuffed with sautéed shrimp, well-seasoned, and the gooey Kraft single. This is not a choice of economics, but one of flavor. The torito is outrageously delicious.

It wasn’t massive, but it was heavy and filling.

I love Anaheims. I think I need to make some of these. Thanks.

1 Like

I did not know food like this could taste good. I love my brother. He brought whiskey and snacks.

6 Likes

Hi @Bookwich,

Was this the first time you’ve ever had pork rinds? :slight_smile:

I think so. I may have tried a bite once from a cart one time, but it was really greasy and chewy, so I discreetly napkined it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The fresh ones they serve at Catal in Downtown Disney are quite fantastic.

1 Like