The Madness that is Shake Shack - Is it an Expensive Fast Food Burger? A Cheaper Gourmet Burger? (vs. Golden State) - Review and Pics

Shake Shack - Weho

What can I say? We loved them.

Dble ShackBurger w/Bacon & the SmokeShack

There must have been something in the description (humane?) that induced me to order bacon on mine.

Shot of the juice

Fries

Nice crispy faux Ore-Idas

I guess it helps when you wait until the line causing hype dies down. My old-school burger loving husband thinks it’s one of the best burgers around.

Ya’ll were doing the burger comparisons on this thread. So I’ll add my two cents. It’s a mistake to compare these to gourmet burgers with Silverton blends and what-have-yous. Remember “Shack” is in the name. And that’s what they are, a deliciously elevated burger shack burger.

Not pictured - yummy Coffee Shake and that crazy Rainbow Connection Concrete. :yum:

Happy :hamburger: Eating!

5 Likes

I had a Wendy’s Frosty recently. It’s cheap and compares well to the concrete.

1 Like

Top Round on La Brea does a really good Concrete. Probably not cheap.

1 Like

One thing. I’m with @Chowseeker1999 - not loving potato buns.

1 Like

ITT: heathens

1 Like

Are you high?

2 Likes

Not yet.

2 Likes

I like Freddy’s over Shake Shack.

Sounds good, but Westlake Village is a bit of a haul.

I hope you dipped some fries into that Frosty!!

1 Like

PSA
Shake Shack now has Chicken Bites on their menu. I tried them in Vegas, and found that they’ve been released everywhere.

Served in orders of 6 or 12 with BBQ sauce or Honey Mustard (the honey mustard sauce as almost 3 times the calories of the BBQ sauce at 290 per serving; BBQ is at a scant 110 calories). These Chicken Bites look like Chick-Fil-A nuggets. We ordered them at the North Vegas Outlets location where the breading unevenly coated the chicken. They were super crispy, but the breading easily separated from the chicken at certain bites. I thought it was seasoned well, but a bit too salty for my likes. The BBQ sauce was on the lighter side, but pretty tasty.

4 Likes

powerplay: smoke stack + chicken nuggets + that herb mayo stuff they put in the chicknshack as a dipping sauce

I need to go there now.

2 Likes

parents loved the chicken bites but not a huge fan of the pre-packaged sauces
kids still prefer Chik-Fil-A nuggets. heathens.

1 Like

Tender Friends Podcast did an episode on them.

1 Like

Ok they were pretty good but for 70c more would rather just have the chicknshack.

Biggest surprise for me though - I accidentally ended up with a plain burger, no cheese/sauce/veggies. I destroyed the damn thing and it was incredible.

Going to stop by CfA later to use this herb mayo

3 Likes

When I grow up, I wanna be you.

1 Like

That burger patty is probably one of the best I’ve had in a fast-casual setting. Super beefy, seasoned, and cooked well.
@Ns1 you are a true #OG for hitting it up.

I guess I really need to get back in there. My first experience at the Hollywood location was underwhelming at best.

1 Like

I’ll give you my timeline of Shake Shack experiences

• First time: double shackburger w/ everything - “What the fuck is this overrated shit and why did it just cost me $20”
  • Second time: hot dog and fries - “What the fuck is this overrated shit”
  • Third - 5th times: chick n shack - “Hm, ok, this is pretty legit. A clearly superior product to CfA.”
  • 6th time: Smoke Stack - “Hm, ok, bacon, peppers, nice balance and definitely better than the burger”
  • Today (after many other visits): Burger, plain - “Oh, okay, this clearly shows that the Shake Shack product is superior because there is nothing to hide behind”

I’m now firmly in the Shake Shack > InO camp. I mean I still eat InO several times a month because it’s incredibly satisfying and consistent, but I go to Shake Shack whenever I can.

3 Likes

Team HiHo

7 Likes