The Michelin Guide to return to Los Angeles as part of new California edition

Interesting stats. What do you make of them in terms of the possible effect for the next Michelin Guide for LA?

Agree that Patina has declined, but where is the evidence that Mori has gone downhill?

3 Likes

I thought that was what I read here. Still great even though the eponymous chef moves.on?

I don’t know what to make of them except maybe places with two or three stars tend to keep them.

You’re probably confused.

3 Likes

Arguably.

Okay, you win. Your d_ck is bigger than mine. Or is it that you’re a bigger d_ck than I am. I get confused.

2 Likes

You have a talent for the obvious. Bravo.

1 Like

Hi @robert,

You linked a visit where Porkybelly mentioned the main chef-owner, Maru-san, was not in-house. @TheCookie was spot on. Would it be nice that all sushi-yas have consistent, perfect quality for every one of their chefs? Sure. But it’s not always the case. There’s a reason why sushi lovers follow specific itamae and like to builid relationships with them.

We went to Mori Sushi, with Maru-san present after Porkybelly’s visit and it was still as phenomenal as ever.

http://foodtalkcentral.com/t/a-master-class-in-exquisite-wonderful-sushi-mori-sushi/3358/151?u=chowseeker1999

1 Like

Also the place was empty on a Friday night.

There are so many great sushi places I want to try it’s hard to keep track.

They’ve always been pretty empty. I don’t even know how they manage to stay open, while carrying 30+ pristine neta on any given night, after all these years.

1 Like

Daniel Day-Lewis takes on only one role every few years, but when he does, it’s usually another Oscar nomination…

3 Likes

I like Mori. Hate Daniel Day Lewis

2 Likes

Uh huh @Chowseeker1999. I thought immediately of your magical reports.

I’m liking it because you’re funny. Not because I hate Daniel Day-Lewis!

Keeping it on the food, er… Michelin-food thread, here is a recent milkshake of mine of which Sir Daniel most certainly did not drink:

3 Likes

I found a 1 star restaurant!

12 Likes

Did you seriously add a hash brown to your filet-o-fish? lol

1 Like

4 Likes

Oh most definitely. Try it before McD makes “breakfast anytime” extinct. Make sure to request extra tartar sauce.

2 Likes