The Sale Thread

You can just get a used file cabinet.

8 Likes

Thanks @Nemroz

Yes! That was hard!

I just took them out of the freezer to take a photo for my PSA then put them right back. The butcher said they’re vacuum packed and freezing wouldn’t be a problem. We’ll see…

0 Likes

Hilarious!

0 Likes

No, never vice versa. If you’re not going to do the whole cook in the smoker, smoke first then finish in the oven.

1 Like

You’ll have to forgive him. He knows how to do his perfectly on grill from start to finish.

0 Likes

it works really well, you slide the food and the fuel and the trays in and out.

1 Like

Now that I think about it it would solve some of the problems I have.

0 Likes

We used to do turkeys on the Weber:

https://www.sunset.com/recipe/turkey-loco

The oregano smelled a lot like pot…or so I’ve read :smile:

1 Like

That is insane. A spark of genius spurred by the love of meat. :open_mouth:

1 Like

File under: #UnexpectedDelicious

2 Likes

In case anyone is looking for whole plates of short ribs, Northgate has them on sale for $4.69/lb. Likely not as nice as the Whole Foods/Prime deal last week, but beggars can’t be choosers. I know what we’re cooking for Easter.

The vacuum-sealed bags here have 4 slabs on short ribs instead of 2.

3 Likes

I gotta get back to posting in here!

0 Likes

is this the whole plate short rib (3 bones) or the chuck short rib (4 bones)?

0 Likes

@Hungrydrunk Whole plate short rib (3 bones). I didn’t know there was a 4 bone chuck option. I learned something new today.

1 Like

the ones i’ve bought at a Costco Business Center are usually the 4 bone chuck ones.

1 Like

The north gate I went to said the short ribs won’t be on sale until Friday :frowning:

0 Likes

:frowning: it was $4.69 in my ad delivered last week. This week’s ad shows this…

At $4.29, that’s even better than the price that I paid.

0 Likes

Yeah it’ll be 3.99 on Friday thru Sunday apparently but the one I went to no sale. Oh well will have to go on Friday.

0 Likes

So the sale pricing is regional? How interesting.

0 Likes

If anybody lives near Yorba Linda the new Bristol Farms meat counter has everything 40% off until the end of the month. The poke bar is pretty good and only $9.99 per lb.

3 Likes