The Sale Thread

Salmon looked beautiful. No heads though so you won’t get the cheeks which are my favorite.

1 Like

I’m mean, Niman Ranch ribs for $9. Sold.

Lazy Acres LBC

2 Likes

I buy them often. Super meaty. I usually heat them on the grill for a few minutes. A favorite in our house.

Just straight on the grill? No oil or butter?

Nope, we actually prefer them naked. :slight_smile: I just heat them for maybe 8-9 minutes or so, just to warm up the meat. I’ve tried brushing them with oil first but don’t really see any benefits to it, since the KCL are already precooked.

1 Like

interesting…I’ll report back next time I try this.

i’m with you boodiebaby:

to my palate, if the crab legs are good quality, they do not benefit from oil nor butter.

1 Like

Just checked Chowhounds.com for the first time in some time. One of your old threads has third billing! Congratulations!!

1 Like

I should pull a @porthos and delete all my old CH posts.

1 Like

I don’t think so. The blue-faced guy want us to keep mentioning Chowhounds.com so search engines would end up here. Hopefully fellow food lovers will escape the corporate swill it has become.

Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com Chowhound.com

1 Like

Not sure this qualifies as a sale but Epicurus Gourmet, the foster child of Epicure Imports, is advertising an Australian black truffle for $58.05/ounce with a minimum two ounce order in their latest email. You have to call, 818-658-3637, or email them at info@epicurusgourmet.com by 11:00 on Tuesday morning to pick up your truffle on Friday. I may take one for the team on this as I still dream of the black truffle wrapped in bacon, baked in puff pastry with sauce Perigueux I had on my honeymoon oh so many years ago.

2 Likes

BBE has Hamasaku 30% off dinner right now. There are some restrictions though (ie. not valid on omakase)

1 Like

All you can eat chicken wings at hooters 12.99-14.99 depending on location
http://www.westcoasthooters.com/all-you-can-eat-wings?no_redirect=true

2 Likes

Sur La Table is having their big sale. I realize nothing at Sur La Table is considered a bargain. But it is a chance to get pricier items like All-Clad for 40%-60% off. Which is what I scored last year.

4 Likes

I’ll go halves with you.

I would have loved to, but they are gone now. I got too busy with work and missed the opportunity!

[quote=“ebethsdad, post:72, topic:2700”]
I still dream of the black truffle wrapped in bacon, baked in puff pastry with sauce Perigueux
[/quote]Now I’m going to be dreaming about it too :relieved:.

1 Like

we need to keep this thread going. I need you. I’m looking for chi-chi poo poo chicken sales( sick of foster farms, grossing me out) and cherries. :slight_smile:

Costco has Strawberry cherries $7.99lb. They were ok, but I’m a cherry OG.

1 Like

What is THAT - on sale or not?