The Sale Thread

Yea you’re on it. You’re doing indirect which is the only way. The tough part is maintaining even and low temp. Just have to keep practicing with the way you lay out or add the fuel. Giving ribs a good initial smoke and then slowly finishing them in the oven or vice versa is a solution.

I wouldn’t freeze them again. They’re going to be tough most likely. I think what we call freezing at home and the flash freezing that happens in factories is a different story.

1 Like

Now keep in mind I was east coast raised, New England to be exact. Definitely not BBQ country. I read somewhere that store bought bbq sauce (overly sweet) was invented for folks in my neck of the woods. :relaxed: I have not completely embraced smoked meats. I like the meat kind of loose w/caramelization and burnt ends, but not overly smoked.

2 Likes

You can just get a used file cabinet.

8 Likes

Thanks @Nemroz

Yes! That was hard!

I just took them out of the freezer to take a photo for my PSA then put them right back. The butcher said they’re vacuum packed and freezing wouldn’t be a problem. We’ll see…

Hilarious!

No, never vice versa. If you’re not going to do the whole cook in the smoker, smoke first then finish in the oven.

1 Like

You’ll have to forgive him. He knows how to do his perfectly on grill from start to finish.

it works really well, you slide the food and the fuel and the trays in and out.

1 Like

Now that I think about it it would solve some of the problems I have.

We used to do turkeys on the Weber:

The oregano smelled a lot like pot…or so I’ve read :smile:

1 Like

That is insane. A spark of genius spurred by the love of meat. :open_mouth:

1 Like

File under: #UnexpectedDelicious

2 Likes

In case anyone is looking for whole plates of short ribs, Northgate has them on sale for $4.69/lb. Likely not as nice as the Whole Foods/Prime deal last week, but beggars can’t be choosers. I know what we’re cooking for Easter.

The vacuum-sealed bags here have 4 slabs on short ribs instead of 2.

3 Likes

I gotta get back to posting in here!

is this the whole plate short rib (3 bones) or the chuck short rib (4 bones)?

@Hungrydrunk Whole plate short rib (3 bones). I didn’t know there was a 4 bone chuck option. I learned something new today.

1 Like

the ones i’ve bought at a Costco Business Center are usually the 4 bone chuck ones.

1 Like

The north gate I went to said the short ribs won’t be on sale until Friday :frowning:

:frowning: it was $4.69 in my ad delivered last week. This week’s ad shows this…

At $4.29, that’s even better than the price that I paid.

Yeah it’ll be 3.99 on Friday thru Sunday apparently but the one I went to no sale. Oh well will have to go on Friday.