The World’s Best Food Market Is Being Built in L.A

Ahh man, I’ll agree to disagree with you on Sotto versus Bianco. Regardless, it’ll be nice to have both in the city, and it’ll be nice to get a decent pizza downtown without waiting two hours for a bar seat at Bestia.

1 Like

You lost me there. Love Sotto but I prefer Bianco’s style of pizza more.

i may be a jackass, but at least i’m a consistent jackass:

“hype” is another one of those words that has become, essentially, nonsense.

4 Likes

What are those ?

Some suspect ass opinions in here. Whatever for the bickering. This is huge news. Tartine is world-class, no matter how many tourists go there now. It is a ridiculously good bakery. And Bianco is god. And the other guy seems to know his shit too. This is a fantastic development.

5 Likes
1 Like

Hear hear!

The bickering is a side effect of the obsession with the best that can sometimes afflict connoisseurs.
It really doesn’t matter if Gjusta, Lodge, or Bread Lounge etc., make better bread than Tartine. Just read through the first 100 pages of Tartine Bread and you know Chad Robertson is legit. In fact, he is probably a major inspiration for the bread coming out of Gjusta and Lodge. Tartine is great. Fuck best. Irrelevant. It’s worthy bread.

And I’ve never had the pleasure to make it to Pizzeria Bianco because . . . Phoenix. But I’m excited to get the opportunity to try his food. The article also indicates that he’ll be making some different styles of pizza. Should be interesting! Plus, I use the Bianco canned tomatoes and think they’re pretty great. If he’s making pizza sauce with his own brand of tomatoes that alone is a nice feature.

And I’m down for another coffee lab because fucking coffee that’s why.

How is this not at worst neutral and at best a positive?

8 Likes

Right on. I constantly give a hard time to people who ask me for suggestions for the “best”. I often say what about 2nd, 3rd best? Will that do? Because they want business too.

Re Bianco tomatos from this weekend. And then there was sauce - Album on Imgur

2 Likes

If you call Tartine mediocre and think the best bread is in France, you don’t have a very informed opinion.

3 Likes

That’s your first post in this topic? Seriously? Go eat something and post about it.

I see your Olive Garden breadstick and raise you Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits and Popeyes Biscuits.

what about the salad dressing on those breadsticks ?

Where’s there Sizzlers left in LA ?

Burbank, Santa Ana

There’s one in North Hills.

Also Eagle Rock next door to Spitz.

1 Like

Lake Forest in South OC.

Two in Fountain Valley; one at Warner/Bushard and one at Harbor/Edinger.

Who you think you talking to Bob? cuz it aint ME lol. I’m a tartine slut…

How long does the red sauce stay in the ball jars? I usually put my leftover in freezer bags but something gets lost when I reheat the sauce.

Tartine makes great pastries and bread. There are tons of tourists and I happen to be one of them whenever I go to SF. No way I’m not having a croissant and morning bun. The coffee at the manufactory was excellent.