Think East... waaayy East

Maple House Chicken and Waffles (right off 10fwy and Mountain) - waffles, fried chicken, smoked turkey greens, yams

Hilltop Jamaican (Pomona) - excellent jerk chicken, oxtail and curry patties, hidden gem (usually people take food to go)

They do make a good sandwich. Haven’t tried their prepared foods but I will next time I grab some sandwiches.

el monte:
viet huong cha gio are pretty good
ahgoo kitchen: seaweed fried fish and the scallion bread
the burmese place that replaced the malaysian place

rowland heights/walnut
chop chop grill
shanxi noodle house
midori (japanese)
janty noodle (indonesian)

Thats too bad. Haven’t been in a while but used to be great. Really digged the fires and burgers. My niece might be going to college at Claremont next fall. I’ll give it another try just to confirm.

Ahgoo has changed ownership recently. For now, green onion pancake is still on the menu.

That explains the activity there a couple of Mondays ago. (They’re closed Monday and Tuesday.)

(Nervously holding my breath…) Anyone wanna go see if the food’s changed?

The original owners are looking for new location, most likely somewhere in Rowland Heights or Diamond Bar.

Aljibani Halal Market in Walnut/Diamond Bar
Taconazo next to Mt SAC (same enormous strip mall as above mentioned Chop Chop Grill
*Boulevard 574 in Diamond Bar
Tijuana’s Tacos in Pomona
Mariscos Jalisco brick and mortar in Pomona
Pomona Fish Market
*Donahoo’s Fried Chicken in Pomona
Mes Amis in Upland
*Sanamluang in Claremont

*especially close to freeways

Had the lamb stew and it was damn good. The spicy cucumber salad is also very good.

For what it’s worth, I’ve found the Badminton club indonesian food pretty meh the two times I’ve gone.

Thanks for the heads up.ucla…maybe chef changed? Got lots of love a few years back!