Thumbs Up For Capital Seafood In Beverly Hills

Totally agree. It crosses my mind occasionally to return. But so many of the good cooks seem to have gone. I emailed a few that I have a off-site relationship with and they weren’t interested.

'Cept I’m not a baker unfortunately.

1 Like

Hey, snap a photo of the lunch menu, if feasible. Thanks!

Yes, but we ended up trying a couple of non-dim sum dishes too. I’ll do something on it soon. :wink: It was just a spur of the moment weekend lunch. I’m looking forward to going back and indulging in the live seafood situation. But, it really is a place that would be great with a group.

1 Like

My friend and I were able to polish off all the food ourselves. We also had an order of the french style beef (which I think is called something else on the menu). :wink:

But, yes, I agree that the menu is probably best enjoyed w/ a group.

BTW, service last night was super nice.

2 Likes

edit… this was supposed to be a link to yelp photos showing menus. there are a lot.

1 Like

I think because CH (up to the fallout) drew posters from a much broader geographic base, this was a strength that was very apparent on boards that were topical instead of geographic.

Because FTC is so swayed toward the general LA area, this obviously makes participation in topics like home cooking to be far fewer in participation and less peripheral in nature.

4 Likes

And have you had any of the food yet? If so, how did you enjoy it? :smiley:

yes sir ! just came back from the second meal and it’s a success

Chandavkl’s focus is with Chinese food only, which the has always been relatively mediocre on the Westside until that last couple of years.

Carts are usually organized by the type of food they carry (steamed items, desert, cold dishes, etc.) It’s not an absolute but generally is useful.

1 Like

There are a few of us around.

I have a limited domain of knowledge when it comes to food (mainly Chinese-related). But vegetarian cuisine and dishes are not hard to find. There are a number of Chinese and Vietnamese places around. In addition, it’s not that hard to order vegetarian dishes if you know how to order (yes, that’s a big “if”).

1 Like

Hi @raytamsgv -

I hear ya’. I was responding to someone who complained that we don’t talk or post enough about vegetarian food… or some such thing.

:leafy_green: :eggplant: :chopsticks:

Quite busy today! Every table full, the tried to sit us in the spillover room but today I’m a picky b&tch. Waited 5 minutes for the fun room

Just spotted the man himself on the way out and didn’t want to bother you. We were the family right next to you.

Wish I saw you earlier @chandavkl

5 Likes

You should have come by to say hi.

Yes. Took me by surprise on the way out and I was processing if it was you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I keep wanting to make those shrimp rice balls.

Good times today. Busy for Father’s Day.

Food is quality

Duck congee

Veg dumpling

Steamed egg bun

Almond tea

8 Likes

No idea what happened this Sunday. They were only half full and their service was completely useless. Never seen that before. First 2 orders came in, warm, but fine, we’re starving so it’s gone in seconds. They we are waiting for 20 minutes for the next. Have to ask someone. They go and get 1 more thing. Again warm, we eat that up fast. Again nothing is coming. Some things aren’t being marked of on the receipt. Some of the servers think we’re done. We tell them no, there are 6 more things pending. They get some more. Manager comes, does an audit, gets the rest. 1 of the things was pretty hot. Never got the salt pepper calamari. Hot sweets dropped before savory (will wait to order next time). All kinds of confusion.

Dim sum has to come fast one after another and hot otherwise you just sit around, feel like you’re filled up and done.

XLB are quite poor, wish my kid would stop demanding them.

I’ll still be going as the location is way too attractive… Maybe they just had a mutiny in the kitchen this week.