Tired Of Terrible French Fries

The Kimchi Carnitas Ooey Gooey Fries at Kogi are ridiculously good. The fries manage to stay crisp underneath all that ooey gooey goodness. Portions are enormous, too.

10 Likes

This gets the stamp of approval by The Association of Future Cardiologists. :fearful:

4 Likes

wow that looks amazing.

To each their own, I suppose. I prefer my fries without heaps of goo piled atop them. Crispy outside, tender/fluffy inside, a sprinkle of salt and a garlicy aioli sauce for dipping.

4 Likes

Is it just me but I truly hate Animal Fries at In 'N Out?

5 Likes

Both have their time and place

2 Likes

4 Likes

This.

Fries with heaps of goo is basically a glorified baked potato; in fact if I’m going to heaps of goo, I’d rather it be heaped on a baked potato than to waste it on a plate of French fries.

7 Likes

Had them a couple of weeks ago. Still marvelous.

A few of you might have read my opinion of The Hungry Cat Hollywood. But they make good Belgian Fries w/Aioli.

A couple of weekends ago we went to see Bobby Watson & the Cookies at the Crescent Hotel in BH, and had these Truffle Fries w/Aioli. The fake truffle oil wasn’t overpowering and they had great flavor, thin, crispy, perfect amount of salt on the outside and creamy on the inside. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t just because I had the munchies. Oh yeah… they also have really good Cheese Stuffed Fried Olives.

Fuzzy pictures.

Honorable mention, but no picture. Beef Fat Fries at Top Round on Olympic & La Brea.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth…

Why oh why can’t In and Out figure out how to make better fries…come on man!

1 Like

Honestly though. Have you noticed McD’s fries aren’t what they used to be? I think they were sued, and no longer use beef tallow in the oil… or something like that. Anyway, they don’t taste as good to me.

Here they are. Top Round Beef Fat Curly Fries.

Worth mentioning - this batch wasn’t so great. They were slow last night. Probably because El Chato truck was open. I don’t think they bothered to make a fresh batch. That’s why I hesitate to recommend TR sometimes. Last time we were there it was a busy lunch hour. Everything was fresh, hot and sooo tasty. Last night :unamused:.

Yeah, this really isn’t news. They stopped using beef tallow in theirs right around Y2K.

That said, I still think McDonald’s fries rock.

A more memorable headline might have been “McDonald’s To Settle Suit Over Suet.”

3 Likes

Certainly more alliterative.

These fuckers from belcampo are still cooked in cow tallow

11 Likes

Fingers crossed that the mini- belcampo they’re opening in culver city is as good.

I do like the duck fat fries at beer belly.

The best fast food fries by a mile. The only downside is if you get a batch that has been sitting out under the lights for a while.

Excellent fries at Belcampo.