Today is National Sandwich Day... what are your favorites?

Today is national sandwich day. Mendocino Farms sent me a 2 for 1 coupon good today only from 3 to 5pm. (you should get one if you are on their e-mail list). What are your favorite sandwiches in Los Angeles?
Photo Langer’s Deli #28 – FRESSER’S SPECIAL SANDWICH. Pastrami, Corned Beef, Tongue, Swiss Cheese and Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato and Russian Style Dressing.

Is it cheating if I share todays coupon? Good only today 11/3/15 from 3pm to 5pm only. Enjoy!

Maple Block Brisket Sandwich is pretty good. Lunch only.

My recent favorite, Roma Market’s - the sandwich

Bay Cities makes a great burrata caprese sandwich. It’s rich as hell though. I definitely can’t polish off one in a single sitting.

Had the Mendocino Farms Falafel Wrap yesterday. Really good.

Which Mendo Do you go to? The one in OC really sucks and the one on Fairfax is meh last time I went.

I go to Marina Del Rey. Usually pretty good. The new computer system of ordering has quickened things up too.

Downtown LA. They delivered to the office.

Yes a sandwich can make you smile…

A few that come to mind…

Pastrami at Langer’s (Yes, I do like the #19, too. Flame on.)
Black pastrami Reuben at Brent’s
Prime rib dip at Houston’s;
Fish sandwich at Nick’s;
Original at Mr. Katsu;
Meatloaf sandwich at Stefano’s;
Chicken Dijon at Le Diplomate Cafe;
Steak sandwich at Nate’s Korner.

Tell me about this sandwich?

Philippe’s “French Dipped Lamb Sandwich”
photo LA Weekly

From their menu:

“Our Homemade Meatloaf served on Thick Cut Rye Bread, Chipotle Mayo Provolone Cheese, Crispy Fried Onions, Bacon, & Pickles”

An exercise in excess, and a messy one at that, but so good.

I also like their Reubini (Reuben panini), but wouldn’t put it in the “love” category. I’m planning to go back soon to try more from their menu.

Cubano from Super Tortas DF
Tongue sandwich from Attari
Anything from Gjusta
Po boy from Little Jewel
Any banh mi under $3

Has anyone had a sandwich from Sorrento market on Sepulveda lately ? When I was working down there I would stop by for a sandwich . I think I was getting the half sandwich of coppa for just couple bucks .They lady would smear it with their house spread . I also liked the cannoli .

Not lately, but used to go all the time when I worked in the office park behind Westfield Culver City. Great bang for the buck. Also the occasional caterer for my fantasy football draft parties.

@wienermobile that looks… epic! LOL :smile:

I love Langer’s Corned Beef, and Tongue and Pastrami separately. Never had them together! :open_mouth: How is this?

I personally have never tried it. It’s a $29 sandwich. The closest I got was their pastrami & chopped liver combo…and it was really good

Portillo’s Italian beef dip with sweet peppers…