[Tokyo, Japan] Daisan Harumi Sushi - CLOSED

Got a chance to visit Daisan Harumi sushi in Tokyo recently. Chef Kazuo Nagayama is better known stateside & FTC for his highly informative and simply titled “Sushi” book.

Terrific ingredients, great textured rice marred only by the less than perfect compression. Fell apart on me several times. Standouts were the aori-ika, torigai, hotaru-ika and an especially rich deep flavored white miso w baby clams soup .

Compared to my visit to Sawada a couple months ago, DsH offers a less formal and affordable alternative though not quite reaching the heights of the former. Really regret not bringing my copy of the book for him to sign :weary:

Fyi @TheCookie
Address: 1 Chome-17-7 Shinbashi, Minato, Tokyo 105-0004, Japan
Phone:+81 3-3501-4622
Hours: 11:30AM–1:30PM, 5:30–10:30PM
http://harumi-sushi.sakura.ne.jp/

9 Likes

left side, 2nd one down from Chef. Is that sea urchin? What’s the green bit in the middle? That can’t be (fake) wasabi…

Yes, sea urchin with a dab of fresh wasabi.

What a treat @Sgee!

Some of the selections look just like the photos in his book. You can tell what he likes to work with. Or maybe they all use the same selections of the season?

I was wondering if you had the book with you :relaxed:. But at least you got to experience one of his meals!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Spurring you on to complete undergrad and move on to grad school🤣 !

1 Like

Good!

@TheCookie

Damn! :cry: Covid strikes again.

Edit: @Sgee, I was just looking up something in the book a few days ago.

1 Like