Top Chef season 16: Kentucky

Read Vince Mancini’s Top Chef weekly power rankings, they’re hilarious.

Thanks for sharing! This was hilarious.

I thought it was bizarre that Michelle thought that braising ribs for any amount of time would result in a char.

I thought it was stupid that given the challenge and constraints, she still wanted to do ribs even though it would be nothing like how she does them at home.

Maybe she was burned out and couldn’t think straight. It’s not 100% clear from the editing but it seems like day after day of that stuff.

I honestly kept waiting for her to bring out a blowtorch to finish then off and dry/char them up a bit. Worth a try.

I agree with your later note that she was probably a bit worn out and that that may have affected her decision making.

And some folks have felt that the reason the last chance kitchen folks who make it back do so well is not just that, hey, they have proven their chops in beating folks out but also, they’ve had more time to rest then the folks who have been in the competition the whole time. So they are fresher, stronger and can make better decisions.

Wow. Cruelly funny. Thanks for posting!

And hey! He brought up a blowtorch too! (I read this after I made my comment.)

Last Chance Kitchen has had a lot of the best stuff this season.

The Bravo channel on Roku streams LCK with fewer problems than some of the other options I’ve tried.