Trejo's Cantina, Pasadena

Open now. Danny Trejo Drops Surprise Cantina in the Thick of Pasadena Today - Eater LA

So I paid a visit today around 1:30. The place was packed. I had a very flavorful Arnold Palmer (with some tangy spice I could not identify), a shrimp taco (so-so) and a tofu taco that brought some heat (really good). Tip: the A/C in the bar area works better than in the main room. Service was very attentive.

How many flippin businesses is this dude opening?

Hard to figure what his plans are but he has a couple of partners who seem to be motivated.

Yea he must have investors.

Holy crap! Danny Trejo's LA-Based Taco Empire Aims For $100 Million Value And Nationwide Expansion

1 Like

Smart, let other people take the risk, sit back and reap the profits off licensing your name.

1 Like

gee, i wonder who else has reaped the rewards of this strategy. i think it rhymes with “shmeshesident.”

3 Likes

So what’s your point? A ton of people have used this approach. It’s not an unethical strategy. It’s the equivalent of sweat equity. As long as there’s transparency in the partnership and paperwork in place to protect everyone then it’s fine.

Yes. Never risk your own money in business.

it.was.a.joke.

for example:
i’ve never heard the words “licensing” and " sweat" used
in such close proximity before.

try the veal.

Knee jerk reaction to people bringing politics discussion into my food safe space.

now THAT’S comedy.

Has anyone been to the Hollywood location? I’m going there on Friday. I was actually across the street from the Pasadena location last night eating at The Stand.

So now it’s open for dinner in Pasadena but I would not recommend it then. The kitchen is not together enough for it. Food comes out late and overcooked. Staff apologizes but hey get it together. The highest priced item on the night time menu is a $45 rib eye.

gone and removed from the website