Unique Dining Experiences?

Yeah half of Providence I guess.

I’m well under 30. Just didn’t think Alma fit the fancy impressive kind of vibe. It does not really feel that way in the Diner.

I do like Alma a lot though. I am the only person here who has even eaten there and written about it.

I got carried away when he said Le Comptoir. But I don’t think he realizes after the supplements, wine pairings & tip it’s hovering around $400. for 2.

What about Osteria Mozza? He doesn’t live in the city. That would be new to him. Any suggestions in that range?

Wow… those standards sure took a nosedive. From Le Comptoir to Osteria Mozza…shudders

At least go to Kato or LASA, Hatchet Hall, Bestia…??? Even Angelini Osteria! Or Odys & Penelope! Or Republique!

Tois Mec?

I know. My bad. When he got spooked by Providence prices, I realized he was only looking at Le Comptoir’s base price. In order to have real fun there you have to come up. I think your latest suggestions are perfect.

Angelini Osteria is one of my favorites. But was thinking the volume level and cramped environment is not so romantic.

Didn’t that close a couple years ago?

Came back to life at the Standard Hotel in Hollywood. More casual and you can order off a menu, not tasting menu only

1 Like

They reopened at the Standard Hotel in WeHo on the Sunset Strip.

1 Like

In L.A. that is unique in itself :relaxed:. Thanks for the tip.

I don’t know what “unique” means in this context. Is the person an out-of-town guest and he wants to provide a unique local experience? Upscale restaurants are, for the most part, depressingly alike in most major cities.

Or does his date live here and he wants to take them somewhere romantic and impressive, yet unknown to the L.A. diner? Because that’s going to be nearly impossible.

Redbird. Exalted location and the food is practically heaven sent.

1 Like

[quote=“Bookwich, post:52, topic:3919”]
Or does his date live here and he wants to take them somewhere romantic and impressive
[/quote]This part :wink:. He’s not a restaurant/food seeker by any means. I was surprised he came up with Le C.

I think we’ve given him enough options.

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Darn @bulavinaka. That would have been perfect. I’ve probably already overwhelmed him though :grin:. He’s not a crazy food seeker like us.

I thought about that. But the ticket thing. What if she bails? Yikes

I added it anyway… I couldn’t help myself.

1 Like

Bulgarini … pasta and gelato that is wallet friendly (relatively speaking)

Kinjiro … like Animal but with more intelligence

Soot Bull Jeep … where the take-home charcoal aroma is free!

2 Likes

You can walk into Trois Mec after 9:30.

At the $200+ tasting menu level? I think it’s more the rule than the exception isn’t it? Providence, Melisse, N/Naka, Maude, Orsa and Winston, etc… Are all fairly quiet, romantic places aren’t they?

It would be truly unreal if we were so poorly off that even spending at that level didn’t buy you a serene dining room…