Unique Dining Experiences?

I would also like to know how he came up with LC. I like Gary Menes but can someone explain to me how an 8 course meal of all vegetables is $89 pre tax and tip??

Seems absurd… And I’m a big fan of vegetables. He needs to tell a better story on the website about how he is using the most expensive vegetables imaginable it feels like…

re: hatchet hall
i know aesthete loves their food, but imho, the space itself is far from romantic.

2 Likes

Shit… Someone should’ve told the woman I was making out with all night there a couple weeks ago…

But yeah Hatchet Hall sucks.

It just sucks less than Osteria Mozza.

I do not recommend anyone go to either one.

Someone should tell the woman she was making out.

6 Likes

you might want to think about editing that one… just saying

He gets a little crazy at this time of night. I’m waiting for him to finish before I respond.

Nah, no reason to beat around the bush eh?

That’s the obvious implication.

As long as we’re all making rape jokes and laughing it up who cares??

sigh…

Osteria Mozza seems to have triggered his rage.

Someone saying that I’m a rapist triggered my rage.

I don’t think his comment was meant that way, but if you do the way to deal with it is in a private message.

hatchet hall is fine but not overly romantic. no self respecting man or woman should be making out there, that’s what houses and apartments are for

3 Likes

Animal

Dan Tana’s

1 Like

One of my personal favorites. But I don’t think he’ll get it.

Are you guys talking about Melrose or Santa Monica?

The hidden door thing and patio is, I believe, only at the Melrose location.

What’s mot to get at Animal ? I don’t think it is terrible culinary challenging restaurant

I read an interview with the Hatfields, when they still had their namesake restaurant. They had added a vegetarian menu. They talked of people complaining about the high prices “just for vegetables”. What they said was sourcing good vegetables and the preparations it took to make them stand out was sometimes more costly and time consuming than serving the meat.

I think Le Comptoir’s prices also have to do with it being a place with 10 seats, doing 2 seatings a night, the preparations, the attention to detail, the theatre-like experience, and yes Menes does source product from his own small farm.

I wonder what chefs - who get up every morning and put themselves on the line like that - must think about some pisher telling them “they need to tell a better story on their website.”

3 Likes