Unique Dining Experiences?

I hear ya’. It’s hard to explain. You’d have to know the person (I’ve known him since he was a kid). He would think the food was strange and the restaurant was not baller enough. I personally think he would have thought the same thing about Le Comptoir’s food. But he probably thinks the unusual experience would have earned him points with the girl :wink:.

After wading thru the phallic references to mutton balls and geoduck (funny btw), and Aesthete’s tangents, here’s my list. I hope the lady in question is worth it.

Redbird
Mare (Melrose)
Kali
Craft
Aburiya Raku
Kato
Republique

This was fun. Thanks guys!!!

2 Likes

If they are incapable of taking constructive criticism and communicating better with their market, then they would be narcissistic retards that I would never want to eat a meal from anyway.

I just love this conversation, as if anyone has even eaten at LC, when there is no a single report on the place. That is pretty indicative that the story being told is a failure.

It was the NUMBER ONE pick of this thread at inception, and it couldn’t even compete with Redbird or Craft…

You will actually spend more money per person at many of the places on the final list.

But you don’t think he has a problem and could learn to communicate his vision, what he is doing, the costs of that, it’s value, etc… better?..

Oh boy. I’ve eaten at Le Comptoir and wrote a review. I loved it. I think you’d have fun there Aesthete. He would have too. He just couldn’t get a res. for Saturday. That’s what my initial post was about… Alternatives. In hindsight though, Le C with the supplements and wines, would have ended up being more $ than he expected. And Providence, with the supplements and wines, would have been in a whole other realm.

This is a good list.

1 Like

I guess all of these people (from @TheCookie to @djquinnc to @revets2 among many others) never made one single report on Le Comptoir. And they didn’t eat there either.

By the way, how do you prefer your crow? Grilled? Medium-rare?

1 Like

This should be pasted below every OP’s heading to remind each and every one of us - some more than others - that constructive criticism can be constructive if it is indeed constructive.

4 Likes

i prefer the ortalon-style prep.

1 Like

Thanks ipse. It was one of my first reports on FTC. I’m rather proud of it.

1 Like

Where are all the reviews? No topics with Le Comptoir heading come up other than this one when I search it on the site.

http://foodtalkcentral.com/search?q=Comptoir

Cliffs Edge? Ladies love that place. Unique. Maybe Little Doms.

Cocktails at Frolic Room, for Old Hollywood.

Taco truck/taco stand is unique for some.

Late night at Thai Town restaurant.

2 Likes

Melrose

That links shows a bunch of threads about Bludsos, Maple Block, and this thread we are in. So I guess something is wrong with my browser?

Hi @JeetKuneBao -

Cliff’s Edge is indeed beautiful & romantic. IMO your selections are the perfect series of dates. Intermingle swanky spots with cool L.A. spots. I wonder if there are girls cool enough to get that today. If so, could you send them in my son’s direction? :relieved:

Thanks!

1 Like

saccharine. savory. the __________ crow i’ve ever had in my life. with a side of ha ha.
oh, and only between the hours of 10 p.m. and close.

1 Like

How could you forget the umami???

used to enjoy the Frolic room when I lived in Hollywood back in the day lol maybe a bit too much culture for many women?

1 Like

i am shamed. apologies.

sharksteeth

1 Like

Get high for dinner