United Airlines Will Soon Serve Uno's Deep Dish Pizza In Economy

Next month, Chicago-based United Airlines will start selling deep dish pizza in economy.

1 Like

I hope they have it drop down next to the oxygen mask . :nauseated_face:

Yeah, but you have to fly United.

1 Like

Added benefit: you can now eat until you’re too fat for them to drag you off the plane.

1 Like

Oh, snap! I think I’m already there, but an extra slice or five couldn’t hurt.

Hey, I remain a fan of United.

1 Like

The internet is yours. Please step to the front desk and claim it.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I’m an American guy; that was my default when US Air bought them. My experience with United has been marginal; my experience with Delta has been terrible. Your mileage clearly varies. All puns intended. Like I’ve said before; ain’t it great to have choices.

We started with Continental when flying to Rio a couple of times a year and now go UA. We’ve had nothing but good experiences. Knock wood.

1 Like

This is so complicated. I rarely fly economy. I even more rarely fly United anymore. But the thought of flying in a cramped seat for the opportunity to purchase a reheated slice of “pizza” prepared in a commercial airport kitchen is almost too enticing to pass … um … oh wait. I’ll have to pay more for that “glass” of Chatow Barfum Le Vomit NV to wash it all down. Deal killer. I’ll just skip the trip and walk to Little Star.

Indeed.

I’ve never understood the appeal of eating on a plane.

And the appeal of actually buying food to eat on a plane? Incomprehensible, like trying to figure out if shaving Schrödinger’s cat with Occam’s razor would require a barber or a hairdresser.

1 Like

Now the loudmouth kids kicking the seat behind me will reek of frozen pizza for half the flight. I want to retire today plz.

When they kick, I stand up, turn around and say to the parent “please stop your child from kicking my seat.”

2 Likes

It requires a quantum philosopher, so Douglas Hofstadter, I guess.

Of all the Chicago pizza they could have chosen, Uno’s is definitely the one that deserves to be served mIcrowaved in economy. It’s not like it’ll ruin it or anything.

I stopped flying United years ago after they bumped us from a flight because they had oversold it by 45 seats and we lost a day of vacation.

Chinese-American friend of mine quipped: “I thought United had pretty efficient Chinese takeout already…” (Too soon?)

4 Likes

I may have to steal that… That is a damned good line.

It would be a good line, and funny, if it read this way instead:

“I thought United had a pretty efficient Vietnamese takeout already …”*

#BecauseFactsMatter

1 Like

Sure. But remember that for a day or so, it was being reported he was Chinese, to the point that Chinese customers started getting pissy.

So, it could be a funny line about United AND poor journalism!

Boy, I’m sure glad we explained the joke. MUCH funnier this way.

But Uno’s still sucks.