Vegetarian meals

Was that mentioned here? Is there a link to a recipe?

I said artichoke or mushroom lasagne. Did not link to a recipe. Marcella Hazan’s is great but exceptionally labor-intensive.

Well, not exceptional by Bologna’s standards.

LOL. And not exceptional by M. Hazan period. She was/is so STRICT. But having just had her carbonara yet again I’m never going to complain.

To me her recipes are just models. Some of them are almost unrecognizable as they’ve evolved in my kitchen over 35+ years. Though you can’t screw with lasagne too much without turning them into something else.

IMneverHO, her lasagna is the “be all and end all.”

It’s 100% traditional, like what you might get at any good restaurant in Bologna. Green noodle sheets are a common variation.

We’re in complete agreement :slight_smile:

Roast the cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then toss in a mixture of half a cup of your favorite hot sauce and 2 tbsp of melted butter.
Some of the gastropubs I go to deep fry the cauliflower and then toss in the hot sauce mixture.

1 Like

This is a good one, and you can riff off it to make mushroom stroganoff.

And browse through this recipe collection. You can add cheese, eggs, cream, etc., if you aren’t going the full vegan route.

1 Like

You guys have given me some good ideas! Thank you. Those cauliflower tacos look bomb!
Thinking of making this eggplant parm next cause I have most of the ingredients. Cook's Illustrated Eggplant Parmesan Recipe | SparkRecipes

Please tell us about the lasagna.

I just made lasagna like I usually do but left out the meat and added more veggies.
It’s based off of this.

1 Like