Vespertine - The Gaffe of Kahn

Less weird?

5 Likes

16 Likes

This is almost a direct copy of another avant-garde restaurants dish, from pics I’ve seen this place is highly derivative. Which is ok I guess except for the chef consistently claims to not draw inspiration from other ppls food.

3 Likes

Solo visitor here, for the next two weeks. This is a place that I’ve wanted to experience for a long time. Would anyone be interested in sharing a table? There is currently availability for 14th, 15th, 16th of August.

Nevermind.

$220 and $250 are the deposits for New Year’s Eve tasting menus

1 Like

Red medicine “tribute” this week.

2 Likes

Snagged for Thursday 4/2.
Thanks for the heads up @PorkyBelly

17 Likes

That is a most appealing set of dishes, @butteredwaffles - how did they fare as takeout?

1 Like

Looks great. That guy should open a restaurant sometime.

https://ansonmills.com/products/54

1 Like

Amazing set up! I love all the notes.

2 Likes

This meal was a lot of fun and fared well as takeout!!

His last menu was Red Medicine Tribute where as this more felt like Jordan Kahn merges the South and Destroyer.

That pimento cheese was delicious, probably my favorite part of the menu.

But really everything succeeded here.

5 Likes

This sounds much better than Vespertine’s original bullshit arty fare that they were serving when they first opened. This, I’d gladly eat.

5 Likes

Hello fellow takeout twin @butteredwaffles ! We got the meal today as well and enjoyed mostly everything, the exception being the lowcountry boil, which we chalked up to “don’t order seafood on a Sunday”.

1 Like

Hello twin! Yeah I agree with you there. If I had to choose a miss I’d say lowcountry boil as well. It was great but also just fine.

1 Like

new menu:

YUCATÁN

This week’s menu honors the cuisine of the Ancient Maya, specifically foods from the lowland area of the Yucatán Peninsula on the Northeast coast of Mexico.

The recipes included are inspirations and interpretations from various periods of the region: pre-contact, post-contact, and modern day, and will include offerings such as meat and poultry, fish, masa, chiles, vegetables, grains, fruits, and honey - the majority of which will be cooked in a traditional p’íib or directly in the hot coals of a live fire.

2 Likes

Yeah this is extremely my kind of thing.

I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger on big expensive takeout (travel time/replating myself/etc) but this might get me to do it.

$172 all in for two people, but this does sound intriguing!

IMG_0849

IMG_0874

IMG_0830

IMG_0837

IMG_0872

IMG_0845

IMG_0876

IMG_0833

IMG_0854

IMG_0879

IMG_0847

IMG_0858