Vito's Pizza Expands!

You HAD to post that. Now I’m going to have to go.

1 Like

Grimaldi’s does white pies exceptionally well too. In fact my favorite is a white pie with sausage, mushroom, and garlic. It really is worth a special trip. I like it better than the Brooklyn location.

1 Like

That sounds fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation. :slight_smile:

Ooh, I do like a good white pie. :slight_smile:

That’s from Grimaldi’s? That looks very similar to Prince St in NYC.

1 Like

good eye, that is prince st. used as an example of “pepperoni cups”.

1 Like

I had Tomato Pie last night, the one on Melrose. It was good, but I’d go to Village instead next time.

That’s what I was thinking, Prince St. Pizza. I didn’t have pepperoni but those cast iron pizza pans are unique and they turn out pizza that I dream about!
As far as the local Grimaldi’s is concerned, they are ok but I prefer Vito’s W.Hollywood and DeSano’s by a mile.

agree completely…for NY style Grimaldi’s has my vote…Vito’s is appaently some kind of licensing/franchising operation…kind of peculiar

1 Like

so WTF is the reiss group? jesus, cant someone just open a great pizzeria…fuckin dealmakers…

Reiss Group includes Alibi, A Frame, Sunny Spot, Brig and more @lapizzamaven

whooppee the reiss group is a conglomerate

Not sure where your anger comes from, but you asked who the Reiss Group is, and that’s the answer. In regards to Vito’s Pizza outlet on the Westside, they are looking to bring something they love on the Eastside, to more people. No one is reinventing a wheel.

2 Likes

I have no inside info, but I’ve been to Vito’s SM a few times now, and it seems more of a labor of love to me than some sort of cynical licensing venture.

Restaurants need investors to expand. Whether it is family chipping in, or an investment group providing start-up costs. The trick is to have a good contract. As the old saying goes, you don’t need to be smart, you just need to be smart enough to hire a better lawyer. Then you can follow your dream.

2 Likes

David Reiss seems like a decent enough guy who happens to be an entrepreneur who likes good food and is very current on the topic. I’ve run into him a few times - not the most talkative person but he seems nice enough.

I think as much as he wants to open places that offer something unique and current, his places seem to fall a little short on the 1-10 scale - maybe rating 7-something on average. As much as he seems to know, I expect more.

At the same time, if he pulled the plug on all of his places, it would be like pulling out some threads in a pretty cool needlepoint pattern. The pattern would still hold, but maybe it would lose some of its textural elements.

whoopeeddee do…good luck to the david reiss group

Don’t ever look too deep into how the restaurant industry functions.

1 Like

Have you actually tried the pizza there? Perhaps your anger would make more sense if you tried the pizza and didn’t like it.

of course ive tried the pizza…it was pretty good…do me a favor though, worry about your own affairs, not my anger…i could give a fuck about your opinion regarding my thoughts on the corporatization of everything, including pizza…so glad to hear david reiss is a nice enough guy