War on the high seas: The search for the best fast-food fish sandwich

For the FTC Filet-O-Fish fans…

2 Likes

High seas? More like sewage treatment plant. Just the pictures are going to have a laxative effect, though perhaps not as severe as from that “crispy goodness” glistening in the photos.

1 Like

Are the Alaskan halibut and pollock ‘yuck’ily’ raised?

Oh, I completely agree. But there are quite a few folks on FTC who enjoy the Filet-O-Fish, so I figured I’d post this. :grin:

They are probably just perfectly fine to eat scraps with binder to make a pretty patty (at least the halibut).

Thanks. I don’t really have a problem with “scraps with binder” for likely a bunch of things.

1 Like

Wait, are there really people in the world who do not like the Filet-O-Fish?

Someone hold me.

4 Likes

LOL. Ain’t it the everlovin’ truth? We recently had our first one in many, many years. SO good :slight_smile:

Yes. The first turn off (as a little kid) was the cheese.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered about that. Big globs of mayonnaise and a slice of cold cheese on top of fried food in a sweet, soft, squishy bun. It’s very overwhelming.

I think I might like just the fish patty. My third-grade best friend’s mom would make us frozen fish sticks and French fries in the oven for sleepovers. I really, really liked those.

1 Like

I hate cheese, but would not ever eat a Filet-O-Fish without that slab of yellow diary product.

2 Likes

You’re right, it does taste like paper.

2 Likes

Tastes even more Filet-O-Fish-ilicious when you’re a dyslexic spelling bee champ.

1 Like

I always knew you were great…in some great way!!!

1 Like

As much as I love the filet o fish the best fast food fish sandwich I’ve ever had is at Wendy’s. We had it twice but then they took it off the menu. I believe it’s back as a permanent menu item but I eat Wendy’s probably once every 5 years. During Lent my father in law buys 5 filet o fish every Friday. FIVE EVERY FRIDAY. For himself.

1 Like

Down dropped Mc D’s, the sandwich dropped down,
'Twas sad as sad could be;
And we did speak only to barf
The vomit from the sea

1 Like

You’re married to my daughter?

I didn’t even know I had a daughter.

1 Like

Haha very funny. I have no idea how I missed this. I bet you and my father in law would get along swimmingly.