Ways to enjoy delicate olive oil

I bought some fancy ripe, yellow Ligurian olive oil. The flavor’s so delicate I’m at a bit of a loss as to how to enjoy it. Plain bruschetta, pinzimonio … what else?

Drizzled over silken tofu (cubed), and then garnished with some sea salt and toasted nori flakes.

Eat.

2 Likes

I always learn from you. Never heard of that before. Google is my friend :slight_smile:

Do you bake? If so, I’d make these muffins. They are the best muffins I’ve ever had. They depend on high quality olive oil.

1 Like

This oil isn’t fruity, it’s buttery.

On popcorn.

3 Likes

Late reply, but I like to use milder olive oils on my gazpachos, where I can really appreciate the flavor.

Normally, I buy very assertive, peppery olive oils to dress my salads, but that doesn’t work flavor wise with gazpacho. Also, I occasionally make olive oil brioche and the best oil for that is the buttery kind.

3 Likes

Green beans with chili flake and toasted crumbled walnuts. Drizzle olive oil to finish. Finish with mild sea salt such as Jacobsen.

Marinate fresh anchovy filets with a dash of finely chopped parsley and lemon zest and a Roma tomato stem, olive oil to cover. Fresh course black pepper and salt to taste. (leftover oil can be used to toss in pasta of your choosing or for salad dressing)

1 Like

I’ve never seen a Roma tomato stem. Other tomatoes, yes; Roma, no. ???

It’s a great wheel cleaner. Olive oil, that is.